Forum: Photography

Subject: People at their Trade

Gwyn Tyger opened this issue on Feb 28, 2001 ยท 8 posts

Gwyn Tyger posted Wed, 28 February 2001 at 12:25 PM

people at their trade make very interesting subjects. this picture was a challenge in that the subject was in the deep shade of the roof and the bright background of the sunshine outside. a flash was merited with this picture

leighp1 posted Wed, 28 February 2001 at 12:28 PM

excellent picture...

Colm_Jackson posted Wed, 28 February 2001 at 10:29 PM

You can hardly tell you used flash. It has brightned up the photo without destroying the softness.

Gwyn Tyger posted Fri, 02 March 2001 at 1:39 AM

when a picture is posted that is vertically oriented, you have a choice to make. with this picture i close to take full advanage of my screen width to view the pic, in doing so it forces you to scroll to see the whole picture. i don't mind scrolling up and down but i don't like scrolling left and right.

stefbois posted Sat, 03 March 2001 at 5:07 PM

All the contrast and britghness are okey to me! It whas a good use of the flash... We often forget the use of the flash in the day.. gwyn you travel a lot? I whis i could....

Gwyn Tyger posted Mon, 05 March 2001 at 8:22 AM

if you consider going to kenya once every 2 to 3 years traveling a lot, then i do travel a lot.

stefbois posted Mon, 05 March 2001 at 4:35 PM

well to everyone travel a lots...lol I cant seem to be able to find the money...if i do there is always a bills falling down my maibox to take it away....home repair and so on.... The last trip i mad whas 9 year ago to florida....1 week.. ;o)

Gwyn Tyger posted Mon, 05 March 2001 at 4:49 PM

i've been fortunate in that i'm the project engineer of the projects we are building in kenya and that i help raise the funds for the project, so i can get most of my way paid to go to kenya. on the average the total cost is around $3,000 round trip including all expenses. we have a few openings for this year's project in july if you or anybody else is interested. its light work during the week and safari on the weekends. i give more details if anyone is interested.