Forum: Photography

Subject: Buffalo Sunset

Colm_Jackson opened this issue on Mar 04, 2001 ยท 8 posts

Colm_Jackson posted Sun, 04 March 2001 at 9:56 AM

I took this yesterday at 'Evengola' beach just outside Buffalo where myself and Syyd live. As you can see from the original image below, I have done a little tweaking in Photoshop. I don't think there is much technically wrong in the original but I feel that the tweaked version has a lot more drama. It was the shadows of the fence that first cought my eye and the reflection of sunlight on the ice. Yes, that is all ice. Not water. Lake Erie looks like the south polar region this time of year. Comments and critique welcome.

Colm_Jackson posted Sun, 04 March 2001 at 9:59 AM

The Original...

leighp1 posted Sun, 04 March 2001 at 10:39 AM

the difference is day and night. The original looks like you took it in the day, the fixed up one looks like you took it at sunset. Nice job on it...Would have never known it wasn't the orginal!

Kurka posted Sun, 04 March 2001 at 10:57 AM

Very beatifull. Nice pic.

Tammy posted Sun, 04 March 2001 at 12:19 PM

wow this is beautiful I love the tweaking you did in photoshop both are nice but that top one is my favorite, I have some photos from the Ohio side of Lake Erie its a beautiful place.

Marshmallowpie posted Sun, 04 March 2001 at 2:35 PM

I like them both..but I actually think I like the original one better, I just love the blue and grey tones.

Gwyn Tyger posted Sun, 04 March 2001 at 3:49 PM

i like the rendered version for the mood affect. it is beautiful. i don't envy your weather there. i guess i'm a California boy thru and thru.

Lisas_Botanicals posted Wed, 14 March 2001 at 6:54 PM

Wow! great enhancment! I like them both, though. The original is moody and sad and the enhanced one is dramatic.