Forum: Photography

Subject: Bi-Monthly Photographic Subjects, Monthly Award Two yearly Major Awards

Syyd opened this issue on Mar 05, 2001 ยท 16 posts

Syyd posted Mon, 05 March 2001 at 9:26 AM

Dear Forum, I am asking you all for some input on the following ideas: We would like to start sending you all on local photo excursions if you will. We mentioned this in our introduction post a couple of pages back. What we would do is all decide on two monthly subjects, and all give our photographic interpretations of that subject. At the end of the month, two photographs will be selected for each category, and given a small graphic award, the judging would be done by everybody in the forum, not anybody in particular, or we could ask other forums to judge. Any ideas on this would be gratefully appreciated. Twice a year, I would like to run a contest, that would could generate sponsor interest in to hopefully supply two big "prized" awards, as opposed to a little graphics award, for recognition of your work, and to give you something back for helping us get this place started, and also to advance our skills along the way. Please let me know what you think.....this is not a popularity contest, its a photographic contest, and may you all have great fun in doing this. Thank you, Your Moderators