Forum: Fractals

Subject: I've been gone too long

SAH opened this issue on Oct 21, 2005 ยท 4 posts

SAH posted Fri, 21 October 2005 at 1:38 PM

Long story short, I stopped posting here for several reasons, the most important being I was working on the beginnings of a new home-based computer repair business, and it's taken up too much of my time. (Somewhat successfully, btw- over 2 1/2 years later I'm still in business and my client list is growing. I now work almost anywhere in the Dallas Texas metroplex.)

Other reasons being I was burning out on the fractal scene- they were all starting to look alike to me, and I needed to back off for a while and concentrate on the real world. I haven't completely stopped creating new work, however- my never-ending series of flame fractals is alive and well, and I'll have to make an effort to post a few of my better ones here in the near future-- once I remember HOW.

In the meantime, just a quick question: "What have I missed?"

Cyble13 posted Fri, 21 October 2005 at 3:52 PM

Well, welcome back.If you're into flames, then you gotta grab the newest apophysis... http://www.geocities.com/deviant_zueuk/apophysis202z-final.zip for starters.

tresamie posted Fri, 21 October 2005 at 4:43 PM

Have a look at the archives of the Fractal Window Weekly and the Fractal Vintage Showcase, both available in the header of this column. Barb and Nick have really done a great job showcasing some of the best fractals from each week. That should get you up and running!

Fractals will always amaze me!

Pannyhb posted Sat, 22 October 2005 at 8:09 AM

Welcome back, Steve! Tresamie has it right- the FWW and FVS are the best new features here in the fractal gallery!