Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Merchant Resource Products - Need Advice

webmaster421 opened this issue on Nov 15, 2005 ยท 3 posts

webmaster421 posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 2:58 PM

Hi all... I recently decided to try my hand at making character textures and not being skilled enough to create my own from total scratch, I thought perhaps purchasing a merchant resource pack may just be the ticket. If I can make something really fab, I may sell, but for starters, I thought I could just make them as freebies. I searched the marketplace and found quite a lot of packages, [which surprised me], and am now at a loss as how to narrow it down to 2-3 sets. I'd like a package to cover as many mill folk as possible. [victorias' stuff really seemed great...until I read the fine print. It seems that I can buy her stuff and make stuff for resale, but not for freebies. sigh I really liked her stuff too, but until I am sure of myself, I need to stick with less restrictive products] So.... I am asking for suggestions for which products would fit my needs. I am hoping all your guy's wisdom can help me out and save me $$ [by which I mean so I don't buy what I can't use]. Thanks all very, very much! Best regards, Vicki

lululee posted Tue, 15 November 2005 at 3:47 PM Online Now!

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=34476

Hi Vicki, kaiz has a very beautiful and quite comprehensive set out called Make up Studio for V3. I have it and I really like it. I see no restrictions for "Free Stuff". Although it does not have a body texture with it, the head texture is on a solid color and you could match the body to it. I personally recomend this product because the makeup files are excellent and are actually a good teaching aid. Ecstasy's M3_V3 Merchant resource is another excellent product. One of the first merchant resource products out. It has both head, eyes and body textures with it, and I see no restrictions on it. I also have this product and would recomend it. It will also work very well with the Kaiz makeup set. http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=24635 A very important issue with both of these is "THERE ARE NO SEAMS." Hope this helps you. cheerio lululee

Kendra posted Thu, 17 November 2005 at 11:28 AM

Definitely check the readme for restrictions in creating free textures with the one you choose. There are some who only allow saleable creations.

...... Kendra