Forum: Photography

Subject: What's wrong with this image?

tvernuccio opened this issue on Nov 18, 2005 ยท 29 posts

tvernuccio posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 1:10 PM

i showed this in the Simon thread, but i'll repost it here. i don't want to ask for critiques there. it's my first studio shot that i took last night. i've been studying it and i can't quite figure out what's wrong with it. Before i trash it and start over, I'd like to know where i went wrong so i can do a better job of taking it next time. aperture: f/8 shutter speed: 1/15 sec. ISO: 64 metering mode: spot focal length: 30 mm tripod & remote used. i can't remember if i manually focused on this one or not. Some i did; some i didn't. I don't see that info on the EXIF info. Anyway, something about the lighting looks off on this but i can't figure out what it is. I cropped it so the subject wasn't in the center but i don't think i care for the crop either. Focus doesn't seem to be very good on the cookies. I used aperture f/8 to try to get all my subject in better focus. i can't close it anymore with my cam. I'd really like to have your honest feedback on this. I don't like this image at all but if i reshoot it under the same conditions, i'm not quite sure what to change other than moving the lights and/or my position. Your help would be greatly appreciated!!! :)