Forum: Photoshop

Subject: Hair in Photoshop cs 2

george_rtaylor opened this issue on Nov 18, 2005 ยท 7 posts

george_rtaylor posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 8:17 PM

When trying to paint a picture of hair in photoshop from poser, do you need other plugins like eye candy to make the hair or can you just use photoshop?

aprilgem posted Fri, 18 November 2005 at 10:55 PM

You can use just Photoshop, but I guess it really depends on how well you can paint.

elizabyte posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 3:50 AM

I paint hair in Photoshop all the time. If you're going to do it by hand, I recommend getting a pen tablet. It's very difficult to do it with a mouse. Otherwise, Ravnheart has some hair brushes in the Marketplace here, uhm... Heavenly Hair. They're pre-drawn "pieces" of hair that you can use to create some interesting end results. I've got all of them. The Eyecandy option isn't a bad one, but generally speaking, hair made with Eyecandy is immediately recognizable as being generated with Eyecandy. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

TrulyMadly posted Sat, 19 November 2005 at 2:51 PM

By the way, there are many many tutorials out there in the Photoshop tutorial in Renderosity site alone, as a matter of fact probably one of the more popular subject to write a tutorial. Yes, if you decide to take the route of just using photoshop, can be quite challenging but the result and the painting skills you aquired after doing it is worth the hard work. Think of it as an exercise and give it a go :)) Enjoy.

aprilgem posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 12:16 AM

Attached Link: http://www.furiae.com/popup.php?text=hairtutorial

I'm attaching a link to the best hair tutorial I've seen for Photoshop. Hope it helps.

tantarus posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 1:50 AM

Its really fantastic tut aprilgem, thanks for the link :) Tihomir

Open your mind and share the knowledge!

TrulyMadly posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 6:23 AM

Total agree to Tihomir :))