Forum: Bryce

Subject: Dearest Unnamed Artist,

draculaz opened this issue on Nov 20, 2005 ยท 60 posts

draculaz posted Sun, 20 November 2005 at 2:47 PM

A while ago I asked that you would do an interview and answer some questions for us at the Worlds of Bryce, hoping that by answering some perfectly reasonable questions you would indeed offer some form of explanation to what your art was about. You didn't need to explain yourself, but you could certainly have told us what it was that made your art tick for you. You replied with some excitement telling me to send the q's to you, but to make a note that I'm from Renderosity, so the mail wouldn't get trashed as spam. I sent the questions. Two weeks later, at the height of a certain debate, and without a single reply. after I had commented on one of your images (link), you asked that I should "please now delete that very negative comment". Whenever you did receive negative comments, you deleted your images and reposted them, only to have droves of people re-comment as if they were some automated program of sycophancy. I politely yet sternly refused and said that I stood by what I said, that "it's rare when a community doesn't want to put down someone, but rather wants them to improve." Your reply, that I was someone "lashing out because they didn't get some crock of shit interview" and that I would make myself "look like an asshole all on your own" were hardly warranted. I replied yet again stating that it wasn't the interview, it was merely a matter of stimying the growth of others while presenting a false example of what an artist should be, again without expletives and what not, got me into the "moron" category, at which point I was told to "go away and play on the highway now." Fun. Dearest, dearest Unnamed Artist, First of all, allow me to present to you my heartfelt apologies. I didn't make myself clear enough. I don't care your images make it into the HOT20 every couple of days, or that you have a number of friends who repeatedly vote them into that hall of dubious fame. What I mind is that you are merely a represention of what art should not be, a category of mass-produced and poorly thought-of kitches. What I mind is that I get those sorts of replies to perfectly valid arguments, that when a number of people try to wrestle you out of your type of repetative and boring thinking, you don't even listen to their suggestions. What I mind is that you can not accept criticism in an open and transparent environment, and that through your host of yes-men and gludeus maximus kissers, you set a bad example to all those artists who would rather improve themselves. Short of lowering myself to your own level and telling you to eff off and stick a rainbow piramind up your self-righteous ass, I will no longer pay any attention to your crappy art. Back pattingly, Draculaz