Forum: Carrara

Subject: Light Cones

EliteGoliath opened this issue on Mar 11, 2001 ยท 6 posts

EliteGoliath posted Sun, 11 March 2001 at 11:34 AM

Does anyone know how i can make a light cone fade as it gets further from the source? I have tried lowering range with the light, but the light cone looks the same and appears to go on forever.

AzChip posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 9:32 AM

Are you working in Carrara or RDS?

AzChip posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 9:35 AM

This was generated with a spotlight with default settings and the light cone range set to 50.00. Seems to fade out for me. I'm in RDS 5.5.

EliteGoliath posted Wed, 14 March 2001 at 12:40 PM

oh, sorry about the miscommunication. I am working in Carrara and I know RDS does that. But is there a solution for Carrara?

litst posted Thu, 15 March 2001 at 3:00 PM

I've tried all i could imagine and i could find no way to achieve the effect in Carrara . That's strange ... If RDS can do that, Carrara should be able to : after all it's basically the same engine . Hopefully that will be fixed ! But maybe we're missing something ... litst

tfcowan posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 3:02 PM

I think it was Raydream 4 or so that came out and screwed up the Rayflect light cone extension. Then they fixed it with a patch and it stayed fixed in subsequent Raydream versions. Then Carrara came out and the exact same light cone bug returned. I betcha in their rush to get it out the door, they ported the version 4 code for the light cone. We'll all just have to wait and see if they fix it anytime soon. tom