Forum: Vue

Subject: Problem import from Poser 4

Tomy opened this issue on Mar 12, 2001 ยท 3 posts

Tomy posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 3:25 AM

Hello, i'm new to all this stuff. i've got Poser 4 & i can't import figures i've done in it into Vue 3.1. what should i do ? i've seen that there's a 4.03 patch at Curious Labs website : does it solves the problem ?? (want to know before because it's a huge file & i've got a slow connection !) thanx to all

MikeJ posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 4:37 AM

That COULD be the problem, but I kinda doubt it, though I would suggest you at least give it a try. What file format are you using to export? What happens when you try to import? Does Vue crash, or give any error messages? I've been importing Poser 4 (4.03) figures into Vue 3.1 from the day I got it, and never had a problem. Use .OBJ format. Sometimes it can take a while, depending on file size, but so far the largest Poser export I've tried and also succeeded with was 80 MB. Please consider 4.03 patch--- it also will give you the option to export morph targets, which you can't do without it. Also, please make note of any error messages Vue is giving you, so we can help you. You might also try re-installing Vue-- that's fixed other problems in the past. You should not be having troubles importing Poser 4 characters, or ANY of the supported 3D formats, with the exception of any .lwo files more recent that LightWave 5.6.

kewasi posted Mon, 12 March 2001 at 5:41 AM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com/index.html

I agree to the above...the 4.03 update is worth the download in any case.