Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Bat's Valkyrie or what has happened to scalemail skin???

zahratustra opened this issue on Dec 07, 2005 ยท 8 posts

zahratustra posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 5:05 PM

I am a Poser 6 user and I have recently bought Bat's R 28107 - BATLAB - Valkyre for V3 and A3. The whole outfit is great but I bought it mainly for the scalemail second skin skin (as shown in promo images at Renderosity). Trouble is that when I apply Valkyrie Skin P5,P6-MATT to V3 figure ( with "Smooth Polygons" unchecked) instead of scalemail effect I get just a smooth silver skin! What am I doing wrong??? Any help will be appreciated. Best wishes Zahratustra

randym77 posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 6:15 PM

Post a screen shot of the material room settings for the scalemale skin. If the product was tested in P4/PP and not P5, the bump map may not be attached properly. Another possibility is that the bump strength is wrong. Poser 6 handles bump settings differently than earlier versions of Poser.

BATLAB posted Wed, 07 December 2005 at 9:13 PM

I struck the answer of IM.

zahratustra posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 1:02 AM

Thanks Bat for replying so fast and for the fix! Now could you the same for A3??? :) Best wishes Z.

randym77 posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 5:26 AM

What was the problem? (Just curious... ;-)

zahratustra posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 11:24 AM

One of the features of Bat's Valkyrie is a scale mail like second skin. However the Poser 5 bump maps did not work in Poser 6 and instead of scale mail effect the MATT pose showed up as a smooth silver skin. I have PMed Bat about the problem and within few hour he come back to me with a fix. How is that for customer care??? :) Z.

BATLAB posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 11:47 AM

There was a problem of the node connection. (from Disprament to the bump map. ) I delete this product from the market. I make you have a hard time and am sorry.

randym77 posted Thu, 08 December 2005 at 4:21 PM

That is a pretty common problem. P5/6 changed the way bump maps are handled, so PP materials don't work right. Even DAZ products have this problem.

Removing the product from your store seems a bit extreme. If everyone removed the products with bump maps that didn't work in P5/6, the store would be pretty empty! ;-)