Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Want Sylvan Jewels for Free? Read below!

Arien opened this issue on Dec 13, 2005 ยท 6 posts

Arien posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 6:14 PM

'Tis the season to be jolly, and as such, I'm holding a mini-contest. The prize is a copy of Sylvan Jewels, my texture set for Elven Soul. Two runner-ups will receive high-res (3000x3000) versions of the two textures for the MFD.

What do you have to do? Simple:
1- Go to Rendo's Holiday giveaway here and download Sylvan Jewels for the MFD.

mfd-text-amethyst.jpg

2- Make an image using it, and post it in the galleries, mentioning "Sylvan Jewels" and "Arien" in the product credit area (make sure of this, as it will be our way of finding the images; if we can't find the image, we can't judge it, so be careful!).
3- Any images created from the 1st of December up until the 31th INCLUSIVE will be considered.
4- Results will be announced no later than the 10th of January.
5- Judges will be myself, Nevermore, and a third judge to be announced.
6- Judging criteria will be artistic merit and originality, but the textures also have to be clearly visible in the final render.
7- Judgement is final; no correspondence will be entered regarding our decission

This contest is not themed, as long as you use one of the two free textures you can enter. And above all, have fun!

Can't be asked to participate? Then you can take advantage of the holidays sale instead, from the 18th of December until the 5th of January. Sylvan Jewels is in several wishlists, why not give it as a Holidays present?

Tiresias-apprentice.jpg

My store

Arien posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 6:40 PM

Third judge will be Skyewolf

My store

Nouschka posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 6:48 PM

Nice idea! Which you a lot of great images for your little contest! Sorry, i havent got the Elven Souls so no image come from me :-)

Arien posted Tue, 13 December 2005 at 6:52 PM

You could get the high-res textures for the MFD instead, you know :)

My store

micsteel posted Fri, 30 December 2005 at 5:16 PM

Ouch! I just saw Sylvan Jewels a couple of days ago... so I BOUGHT Elven Souls so I could BUY Sylvan Jewels! Ah, well, I have it now! :D

Arien posted Fri, 30 December 2005 at 5:21 PM

Well, good for you :) I'll let you in a little secret: there might be more surprises coming for existing customers, although it will have to wait a bit =) In any case, thank you for your custom, hope you enjoy them!

My store