Forum: Vue

Subject: New Beta Update for Vue 5 Infinite

sirrick opened this issue on Dec 22, 2005 ยท 15 posts

sirrick posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 11:01 AM

279687 (5.09)(Beta) is available. Haven't installed it yet so no comments.

sirrick posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 12:37 PM

Well, I should have known better, just installed it and nothing but constant crashes whenever I try to load a .vob object. Back to 278365 and all is well.

Xiores posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 7:52 PM

I have had no problem whatsoever. In fact memory problems, while not solved, are better.

sirrick posted Thu, 22 December 2005 at 8:30 PM

I'll give it another shot when I have more time, could be just been a bad install. I couldn't load anything without it crashing........I save the entire "application" folder onto my desktop whenever I upgrade so I can easily revert back if there are problems as I've never had any luck with the uninstall update option.

ShawnDriscoll posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 2:08 AM

No problems for me. Software openGL seems much more stable. Hard drive is used less, too.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

czarnyrobert posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 10:02 AM

Strange - when I worked on this latest version on my christmas scene I have zero crashes - to me it look stable.

LCBoliou posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 11:28 AM

I think e-on actually did good on this one -- so far. The efficiency of memory usage seems to be much better, and on a test render of a file I had rendered under the previous build version, raytraced soft shadows seemed to render much faster.

-Timberwolf- posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 12:11 PM

Version 5.09 - Build 279874,P42.8Gig512Ram,ATIMobileRadeon9000,Win2KSp4.-----Default scene-default render settings.Strange Render result ,isn't it? I wanted to post it to the e.on Forum but I got an error message when creating my topic.I am waiting for the Carrara5Pro box,I am through with Vue-basta.

sirrick posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 12:12 PM

Re-installed it this morning, and all seems well this time. It must have simply been a bad install. So Far, so Good :o)

iloco posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 2:50 PM

lol........it came in upside down in my Side View and Front View. :( Whacky isnt it. :)

ïÏøçö

tlaloc321 posted Fri, 23 December 2005 at 7:24 PM

yeah my 2 cents I just got the update and I must say you all have terrified me over these things - so many horror stories but so far so good and ecosystems are wicked fast to appear on your screen ready to preview - I really like that, all else seems good so far. Good luck to everyone out there.

bruno021 posted Sun, 25 December 2005 at 11:53 AM

I've just read on e-on's forum that plants variations you created with a previous update don't render! Has anyone encountered this problem? I have made a few plants, wouldn't want to loser them ( not that they are masterpieces, mind you!)

DigReal posted Sun, 25 December 2005 at 7:10 PM

I was reading that same discussion, so was holding off on this beta. Think I'll give it a test tomorrow, since some of the improvements sound good. If I do install it, I'll test out my own plant variations, and report back.

bruno021 posted Mon, 26 December 2005 at 8:01 AM

Well, apparently, it's only when you set leaf randomness to -100%, so if this is a parameter you don't use, I guess there are no problems, and the imprvements look good, memery management wise.

DigReal posted Mon, 26 December 2005 at 6:35 PM

Did install the latest beta, but didn't have time to give it a good workout... sometime this week, I hope. My own plants looked to be okay but didn't try that -100% random thing. Only problem so far are the upside down maps on the alpha planes.... fortunately that's easy to fix.