Forum: Community Center

Subject: To all those who sell stuff

jade_nyc opened this issue on Mar 16, 2001 ยท 29 posts

jade_nyc posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 10:55 AM

Just wanted to let everyone with stuff to sell that 3D Commune is offering a 70/30 split to all those who sell stuff through their store. http://www.3dcommune.com Jade Jaded Images - http://jade3d.posermail.com

MartinC posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 11:13 AM

Well,... 70 for whom?

jade_nyc posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 11:46 AM

70 for the person selling stuff, silly :D Jade

MartinC posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 12:09 PM

Just wanted to make sure... When I hear someone shout "Internet for only $10!", I immediately ask myself... per hour or per minute!? :-)

Ironbear posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 6:56 PM

'Bout time someone dropped those brokerage rates. ;] Hope this marks a trend.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

JeffH posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 7:52 PM

I think the commune is doing that out of desperation. From what I read over there, store sales are very low. Renderosity offers Exclusive Products/Artists a competitive cut as well. -JH.

Ironbear posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 8:43 PM

But only to exclusives.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

Poppi posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 9:21 PM

Well, hummmm...been selling my own stuff on my own lil site for the past 3 years. What can 3d commune do to get me...as owner of a small business...to go with them. I don't sell on renderosity, either. Granted, the exposure is good here...but half of the fruit of my designes...HALF...HALF? I think not!!!

Destiny posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 9:41 PM

I think it's a great thing...and no matter the WHY of it, let's look at the better of it...more money to the artists who actually MAKE the product...and yes...NO exclusives...I really like that part. Never did like exclusives...leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

kennect posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 10:12 PM

jade, do you have any idea as to why they have decided to come up with this new commision policy regarding the artists/broker split?

JeffH posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 10:35 PM

It's very difficult to get a bigger cut of sales if there are no sales... I guess if I were smart, I'd put my stuff at Renderosity as well. As it is now, people have no idea I have any products for sale. There is something to say for the massive Poser related traffic that goes through this site everyday. -JH.

X-perimentalman posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 11:41 PM

Jeff, in one were smart, one would put their goods in all the stores, and then work with the site owners, and managers, and members to increase traffic and sales at all the sites, instead of limiting themselves to one site and an exclusive deal that may cost them money in the long run, by missing out on potential sales at other sites. this is good for the vendors, so by extension it is good for the community, and i am quite sure that this site is stable and prosperous that this could not be seen as a threat or hurt sales in anyway shape or form, since they are not asking the vendors to be exclusive. S

pendarian posted Fri, 16 March 2001 at 11:51 PM

kennect in answer to your question...this was something that they have been kicking around for a while. It's not for any other reason they they feel it's good for the community. For all of the rumors and innuendo...they are not desperate, they are not going to close down next week...it is still a very, very young site and has gone through some major upheavals in it's young life. The management is now stable, beholding to no one and just felt that somewhere a change needed to be made. So, they did.

kennect posted Sat, 17 March 2001 at 12:27 AM

Pendarian, I am fully aware of what is going on at 3D in regards to their store...I was simply asking the question to see if Jade, who started the thread did....But at the same time, I would like to say thank you for the response....

pendarian posted Sat, 17 March 2001 at 12:42 AM

oh I'm sorry, kennect, I thought you were just wanting to know in general.. and you are welcome. Nice to be able to answer a question now and then. :)

ScottA posted Sat, 17 March 2001 at 11:43 AM

There is only one reason that I sell things here. And that is because I love this site so much. And would hate to see it go under. The thought of having to go to those other forums with no other alternative turns my stomach. Although I'm glad other people use them and are happy with them. Selling things here goes much, much deeper than what I get back in money. It keeps all of us Renderosity members together. I would really hate to see this place shut down due to operating costs. ScottA

pendarian posted Sat, 17 March 2001 at 12:53 PM

Personally, I think Renderosity will always be around, no matter what. I frequent pretty much all of the forums, one more then the rest, but I always am around here. I think artists should have the right to sell wherever they want, and the more exposure the better, because not everyone goes everywhere...some people just go one place. It's good for the vendors, good for the customers. I doubt that Renderosity would shut down because of operating costs, they have more going for them then just the store. Just my 2Cents worth.

WarriorDL posted Sat, 17 March 2001 at 4:29 PM

Posted by ScottA- "Selling things here goes much, much deeper than what I get back in money. It keeps all of us Renderosity members together." LMAO Bull! What keeps everyone together here is: 1. The help they receive. 2. The Freestuff. 3. Friendships. I'm sorry, Scott... but this place selling stuff is not what keeps everyone here. My rare 2 cents into these matters...

ScottA posted Sat, 17 March 2001 at 5:10 PM

And just how is it that we could do all of these things: 1. The help they receive. 2. The Freestuff. 3. Friendships. If This site wasn't here? You misunderstood what I meant. No store= No site. No site = no #1-#3 of your list. If you know some secret that I don't know. Then I'd really like to hear how it is that you think this site can continue without revenue from the store? What do you know that I don't? ScottA

WarriorDL posted Sat, 17 March 2001 at 6:12 PM

This place was here with #1-#3 BEFORE the store came around. There are other avenues of gaining money to keep the place open. It's the fact that EdgeNet is a BUSINESS and not FAN site that causes that importance of the store. I run a forums. It could handle the traffic this place gets. I run a site with downloads directly from it, rather than a "link out" like here does. I run this out of my own pocket. It's NOT as expensive as people make it out to be. This place could run very easily without the store. So no, it's not the store that keeps everyone here. Take away #1-#3 and see how many people are left. Take out the store, and I bet barely anyone leaves, if anyone at all. Don't get me wrong. I ain't bashing you at all. I just found that comment rather humerous!

ScottA posted Sat, 17 March 2001 at 7:30 PM

Now I see why you'd think that the store isn't really all that important. I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I'm just saying I understand why you think that way. ScottA

RadArt posted Sun, 18 March 2001 at 1:26 PM

As for the store, it's just one more added bonus thingy that makes this place the world class forum it IS. If this place weren't here I would be in the back alley's riddled with bullet holes and scars of embitterment, cutting out paper dolls and playing tiddly winks with old wretched and toothless poser hobo's...evading grunts that want to get me in a vise grip....sooo me grateful?...yup! (hey...I almost feel like Jackie Chan....I do, I dooo!!)

ScottA posted Sun, 18 March 2001 at 2:18 PM

I Forgot about Radart. Without Renderosity. He'd have to move into the PFO or the Commune. I wonder if we could use that info to scare them into paying for the hosting costs here? ;-) ScottA P.S.- Just kidding Pete ;-)

RadArt posted Sun, 18 March 2001 at 2:27 PM

That's a pretty GOOD joke!! Um....Commune is cool...now...I believe....but forget the PFO, I am being slowly brainwashed of it's existence because that be better than the...OUCH...barbwires I'd get stuck on...heh.... (hey...I'm appearing in the next Jackie Chan movie...should be a hit..."Mr. Nice Guy 2" with two guys...me and Jackie!) ....some would call it "a couple of suckers on the lamb"....hehe.....I better.....RUUUUN.....now......:-0

RadArt posted Sun, 18 March 2001 at 2:33 PM

....the rcook god manages to somehow implement smily's here, I won't ever be homesick again...won't have no need to go elsewhere...and they'd all come from all over a lookin' at the smily wars........ ....or running away...sshhush!! I weren't supposed ta say THAT...smack me!

Ironbear posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 12:04 AM

As long as I can get a little devil face icon like I use at FiringSquad on the message boards. ;]

RadArt posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 1:16 AM

I woulda thought you'd want a bearface or somethin' similar...you....a devil?....nawww! But then again, you are pretty hot stuff when ya get pissed off....okay...I see....carry on.....

RadArt posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 1:17 AM

;-)

Ironbear posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 2:25 AM

;]p