Forum: Photoshop

Subject: copy one layer set from one document to another.

shadowrelm opened this issue on Jan 15, 2006 ยท 6 posts

shadowrelm posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 12:46 PM

I have created a rollover button and placed it into a layer set in it's own document. I would like to copy that layer set into the layer pallet of my web page document. is there a way to copy the whole set from one to the other without having to copy each of it's individual pieces separately?

stew451 posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 1:20 PM

You could just drag the layer set from the original document into the new document.

shadowrelm posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 1:35 PM

tried that and it wont let me. I keep getting the line through a circle. If it was that easy I would not have bothered you. either I do not have something set right or I don't know what.

retrocity posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 3:09 PM

Check your colour modes: IMAGE --->MODE --->... if you are trying to copy from an INDEX to RGB you'll see the circle/slash (universal symbol for NO) - you'll need to change the mode to RGB - should be fine after that... :) retrocity

stew451 posted Sun, 15 January 2006 at 3:16 PM

I did it before I posted that reply and just tried it again and it worked both times. I then changed one document to a different type. It wouldn't let me do it when I went from a RGB to CMYK the first time but then it let me do it. and it lets me do it with any combo of pic types. Sorry I couldn't help:( Stew

shadowrelm posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 1:16 PM

yea that was it I was in another mode other than rgb. thanks guys.