Forum: Photography

Subject: Smoking Man - and hello

audre opened this issue on Mar 19, 2001 ยท 9 posts

audre posted Mon, 19 March 2001 at 9:48 PM

hey everyone... kinda new to the photo forum thought i'de say hello and all the talk of industrial got me searching thru my archives for this one picture that was taken in an old abandoned factory... though not 'industrial' in nature... well... there *seemed to be* a connection at the time *chuckle*.

imageart posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 1:01 AM

Hello to you too Audre, great image, he looks like an industrial type...steel worker maybe,...good exposure and use of light.

leighp1 posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 6:13 AM

Fantastic Smoking Man. I agree with imageart, he looks like a steel worker or something in that nature. Great photo... Oh and welcome to the forum!! Leigh

Malenchite posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 6:21 AM

Welcome to the forum! Always glad to have new photography lovers around. Very nice lighting on the image. I hope you decide to stick around. Malenchite

Syyd posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 12:40 PM

Hey Girlie! Glad you made it! Excellent picture audre, I like the play of light, and the one eye! Bravo!

Gwyn Tyger posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 12:41 PM

welcome audre, good photo. i like the strong contrast of shadow and light.

audre posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 1:29 PM

hey everyone... thanks for the warm welcome. as for the details of my pics...i am one of those horrible photographers who NEVER records settings or even remembers actually TAKING the picture ... i mostly tend to experiment and take chances and typically end up with 99 horrible pictures but 1 keeper that i really like.... so with me... its like a spontaneous act of mysterious creation... poof... we got a picture. wow. how did that happen?? chuckle

Marshmallowpie posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 5:28 PM

Mm. Sounds like me. :P Great photo.

Antoonio posted Thu, 22 March 2001 at 7:53 AM

Oh, hello A. Really nice shot. That eye gives that extra somehing to this one. Is he from Procol Harum? -N