Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Version 1.2 now loads custom morphs

steerpike opened this issue on Jan 21, 2006 ยท 8 posts

steerpike posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 9:25 AM

This might be in a readme somewhere, so bear with me if you know this already.

As a pleasant surprise, I found out by accident that 1.2 can load custom-morphed figures which earlier versions couldn't. So far, it's worked on the AS characters I have - Kielo, Yaara, the Free Face Pack - and all the morphs I've made from Blacksmith3D and/or Headforge.

It's good news; apologies again if I'm telling you what you already know.

jestmart posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 10:48 PM

I thought you had to have the "Morph Loader" plug-in to do this. (Which I have)

marco-xxx posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 12:17 PM

I cannot see no menu item to load MT... where is it?

jestmart posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 9:48 PM

It is under the "Edit" menu, but like I said above, I have the Morph Loader plug-in. When I uninstalled the plug-in the option disappeared, so it does not seem to be built into version 1.2

marco-xxx posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 3:47 AM

You're right: I don't have Morph Loader and neither this menu item

AestheticDemon posted Wed, 25 January 2006 at 1:41 PM

You need the $10 morphloader plugin for this, it was an option in 1.0.1 as well. Well worth the $10 clams.

mors_d posted Sun, 29 January 2006 at 4:28 PM

IIRC Morph Loader was intended to be used to load an external (eg. shipped as an .OBJ) morph target. I was quite happy when the AS Free Faces finally started working with 1.2.0.0, and they're just a set of CR2s.

Balaenanun posted Tue, 31 January 2006 at 3:34 PM

Yes, I confirm this, the custom morphs cr2s now work, this is so cool ! They also added a poser export script (downloadable as freebie) which allows you to export your poses, hand poses, face expressions or morph settings in poser format :))) The script is installed in your content/scripts, you can execute it from the content tab. You can even put it in your interface but I don't remember how. The version is very bugged for many people but these features are great news :)

Visit my website / Visit my Renderosity store/ Visit my Daz3d store