Forum: Carrara

Subject: Does anyone know............

Stacey opened this issue on Mar 20, 2001 ยท 8 posts

Stacey posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 7:21 PM

Does anyone know if there is away to unsubdivide a model in the Vertex Modeler. I accidently saved a file that I had subdivided to see how it was coming along. oops there goes a days work if no one can help

litst posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 7:55 PM

I have the same problem with my demon model and now i can not improve it anymore :( So frustrating ! I'll insert a warning in my tutorial cause that sure can be a easy mistake ... litst

twillis posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 8:38 PM

Yeah, that one is painful. I've gotten into the habit of saving 3 version, like "anubis, anubissub1, anubissub2", and I made a rule for myself that no subdividing until the file is saved under a new name, because I was always saving to the wrong name. Sorry I can't be of better help, Stacey, but maybe your message will prevent someone else from doing the same (you know what they say, if you can't be a good example, be a terrible warning). --Terri

Pinklet posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 8:56 PM

Decimate is the only command that comes into mind but it's results are less than desirable.

Izuel posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 8:58 PM

I believe theres an option called "decimate" that removes a percent of vertices wich is kinda like the opossite of sub'd - just set it to 50%. Sorry if im wrong about this, im just too lazy to open up carrara and check ,:-| Izuel

Izuel posted Tue, 20 March 2001 at 8:59 PM

heh 2 secs b4 me pinklet

FATfoe posted Thu, 22 March 2001 at 5:50 AM

I can't help you with your current delema but in the future you should use multi-resolution subdivision, it is much more controlable and can be sub-multiplied (unsubdivided) at any time, I discovered it recently, now I can't see why anyone would ever want to use subdivision. FATfoe

cristianr posted Thu, 22 March 2001 at 5:41 PM

The only thing about sub-multiplied is that it is unstable, at least in the Mac.