Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Help: Poser 6 shutting down when trying to save project?

jhustead opened this issue on Jan 26, 2006 ยท 4 posts

jhustead posted Thu, 26 January 2006 at 2:43 PM

I decided to work with Poser since I havent used it in a while. I start with V3 then inject a few morphs which I know work quite well. Then I go up to the tool bar and click on save, and Poser shuts down without even a lockup or not responding error. So I launch Poser again with V3 without injecting morphs, this time I just move the camera a little, click on save with the same result. Hardware isnt the problem: P4 2.8 GHz with 1.5GB of Ram. Software problem? I doubt it: Win XP Pro with all updates, Poser 6 with all updates. Anybody else have a similar experience? I'm up for suggestions. Thanks, James

operaguy posted Thu, 26 January 2006 at 2:53 PM

Yes, been there. For me it was a video card issue. I installed a new monitor and immediately Poser6 began to quit without warning when you save. I went to the manufacturer's website, downloaded most recent drivers and installed. That solved the problem. P6 has OpenGL and therefore is now sensitive to issues having to do with the video card/drivers/monitor. ::::: Opera :::::

Khai posted Thu, 26 January 2006 at 3:11 PM

also check under your preferences in Poser that your OpenGL is set right. (incorrect setting will close poser when you try to save, load, import, export or change 'room') to check : press CTRL + Y goto the Preview Tab under Display Engine check 'Accumulation buffer' - this should normally be set to Hardware.

jhustead posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 2:00 PM

The problem has been solved, I really appreciate both of your input. These Renderosity forums have been a really big help to me! -James