Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P6 Clear Nodes?

Angelouscuitry opened this issue on Jan 26, 2006 ยท 6 posts

Angelouscuitry posted Thu, 26 January 2006 at 6:18 PM

I just searched for a Clear Nodes .PZ2/.PY, but only found P5 stuff. I DL'd them, and give it a whirl, but not all the nodes cleared?

Angelouscuitry posted Thu, 26 January 2006 at 6:38 PM

The reason I ask is becasue I have P6 and Photoshop open, and I'm editing Eye textures, in photoshop, and then trying to test thier results in Poser, but I see Poser must have the MAT pose textures I've applied cached somewhere, becasue when clear the nodes, re-save the texture maps, and then reapply the MAT pose, I'm still getting the origional texture?

bagginsbill posted Thu, 26 January 2006 at 7:55 PM Online Now!

I hope you checked "Keep Textures Loaded" is off, right? Also try the menu item "Reload Textures"

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

PoseWorks posted Thu, 26 January 2006 at 11:13 PM

Poser holds a texture in memory until next render by default. Be sure that "Keep Textures Loaded" is off, and do a quick render. Then the preview should update.

Angelouscuitry posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 12:15 AM

Thanks for the replies! Where is "Keep Textures Loaded," and why is it there? Also, a hint as to which Menu "Reload Textures" is in will also help, I won't have time to look until tomorrow? = )

bagginsbill posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 6:45 AM Online Now!

Both menu items are near the bottom of the "Render" menu. It's actually nice to have "Keep" checked because loading the textures is the first step in a render and can take a while. Be keeping the previously loaded texture files in memory, poser can skip that step when you render the same scene over and over, messing with lights and what not. You want to turn it off in when, as you are doing, you are changing the file contents between renders.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)