Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Casting Shadows

YourFantasyDream opened this issue on Jan 30, 2006 ยท 6 posts

YourFantasyDream posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 5:37 PM

Hi all. I have a problem.... I downloaded the new DAZ/Studio 1.2, and now I cant cast shadows. when the little box comes up that says it casting a shadow map.it giving lights that not there. Has the process changed in the New DAZ? Heeeelp!!!!! PS.. I hate this new version.......lol

artroland posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 7:00 PM

Hmmm. OK. You have Cast Shadows turned on in the lights' parameters, right? Silly question, I know ... but one that has to be asked. Do the particular objects you are trying to cast shadows onto have Cast Shadows enabled in the Parameters? Are you doing a hardware or software render? If hardware, does your video card support shadow maps? Beyond that I would do an install, uninstall and try from there. If that fails, submit a bug report.

YourFantasyDream posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 7:07 PM

Yes, all the casting shadows ar enabled....im rendering from DAZ..so im not sure what you mean by hardware or software rending, do I need to change something in my software setting?

ren_mem posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 7:10 PM

If you do a 3delight render do you have shadows? The opengl preview default is no shadows. With opengl shadows it's iffy anyway. Honestly, I have seen no difference regarding that between this version and beta.

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

YourFantasyDream posted Mon, 30 January 2006 at 7:21 PM

Under advance setting it has....Use OpenGl (passes per light 8) And Use software-3Delight,bucket order-Horizontal bucket size 16 Max rayTrace Depth 6 Is this correct?

RHaseltine posted Tue, 31 January 2006 at 9:01 AM

In the basic tab of the Render Settings dialogue, drag the slider at the top all the way to the right to do a 3Delight (software) render.