Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser in Advertising: You can tell by the bad arm of V3

Talos opened this issue on Feb 07, 2006 ยท 24 posts

Talos posted Tue, 07 February 2006 at 11:41 PM

From Killingtime.com -Otherwise, not that bad. From a *far* distance (or thumbnail), almost looks like a real person. This ties into another question I was going to post - stop me if you've heard this before. Does anyone else find Victoria 3's arms kind of scrawny and unnatural looking, and is there a good fix? I remember trying, but the arm sections for morphing seem set up in a strange way.

leeloominae posted Tue, 07 February 2006 at 11:51 PM

haha, those arms are terrible, poor Victoria. They look good till you try to bend them too much. I always have to edit them in Photoshop (they should have done that too, a little clone tool and it will look good). Maybe it's because I don't have the head/body morphs? and that leads to another question, if I buy the morphs, is that fixed? Where I live, I have to multiply the price by 3, so I better make sure that is fixed with the morphs pack, lol.

operaguy posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 12:17 AM

This is Opera not opening his mouth.

leeloominae posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 12:51 AM

mmmmmm... but Opera did move his fingers, lol.

EnglishBob posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 3:46 AM

And if the arm doesn't give the game away, Koz's Kyoko hair does it for sure. ;)

bucketload3D posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 7:41 AM

and MFD with the default texture :D

www.Bucketload3d.com - where cool freebies are ~(==^..^)

EnglishBob posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 8:09 AM

If you go to Killingtime.com and mouseover the word 'plots', you can see some classic Poser pokethrough under her armpit. Is this fun, or are we all terminally sad? :)

amacord posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 8:28 AM

@leeloo "They look good till you try to bend them too much" is your words. id rather say "They look good till you try to bend them " v3s bodymorph pack does not contain any jointfixing morphs of value. still you should consider the purchase. @Talos that can be fixed/improved by manipulating the joint-parameters. we had this theme not long ago. take a look here: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2563796 plus, a well placed magnet can do miracles.... A.

leeloominae posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 9:59 AM

amacord: lol, yeah, you are so right. Sad, because V3 is a good character (thought not my favorite). Oh well, I think I will have to raise a lot of money for that pack, but hey! is it's worth it.....

Lyrra posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 10:16 AM

and any kind of morphs to the mesh make the shoulder/elbow bends worse :P

Tiari posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 12:45 PM

V3's arms can be fixed if you have the morph pack. Everyone will get different results of course, but it does work. (noting the Koz hair giveaway and smirks) In the morphs, add to V3 Tone and muscle. Select each section of the arm upper, lower (and dont forget the shoulder! LOL). Play with it til it builds up the arm, when it looks normal, just add like .3 to scale, looks WAY better.

ghelmer posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 1:14 PM

"This is Opera not opening his mouth." LOL!!! I remember last spring!!! LMFAO!!!!!!

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

Miss Nancy posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 1:28 PM

some poser users are so accustomed to vickie's bad joints that they don't even notice them anymore, otherwise the person who created the image in message 1 would have done at least some minimal postwork in photoshop or PSP. when larry weinberg wrote poser, his original intent was that it be used as a virtual artist's mannequin, meaning the artist must actually know what an human looks like, but just uses a crude mannequin to set up the rough pose. which is why some will say that Poser 1, 2, or even 3 are "useless", meaning they require the presence between chair and keyboard of an artist who has studied human anatomy. unfortunately, poser users have lost sight of this, and now it's come full circle. one actually needs to leave one's computer once in a while, go outside and spend time with actual humans, so one can become re-acquainted with human anatomy. instead of using poser as a virtual mannequin device to create drawings or paintings, one now has to use human models as references for poser renders.

operaguy posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 1:41 PM

:)

randym77 posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 2:04 PM

I would guess whoever did those images was fairly new to Poser. They may not even have postworking skills, or surely they'd have fixed the poke-through at least.

DaQuestioner posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 5:03 PM

The render was probably done in Firefly instead of the Poser4 render engine: I can recognize the graininess of the otherwise smoothly-textured Kozaburo's hair. Methinks the artist should have decreased the shading rate. :)

Message edited on: 02/08/2006 17:03

ynsaen posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 7:16 PM

There's been a V3 arm fix morph over at RDNA for well over a year (by Maveris)

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Talos posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 10:58 PM

Thanks Ynsaen. I'm running over there now to see.

Talos posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 11:02 PM

Thanks for the tip Tiari! I have tried something like that awhile ago unsuccessfully, but it's time to try again. I have had all my V3 morph packs since day one, because they are essential for creating characters.

operaguy posted Wed, 08 February 2006 at 11:45 PM

I would certainly like to see ANYTHING that solves the issue of V3 shoulder pads, inward-curving upper arms, bent-drinking-straw inner elbow, speghetti-strand arms. Please post an images that show these problems solved. Thank you, ::::: Opera :::::

Talos posted Thu, 09 February 2006 at 5:02 PM

Well said, Operaguy. I haven't been able to find that fix at RDNA yet after much looking. I don't know if it's in their store or freestuff. I assumed it was the store, but I looked both places. Hard to find things there.

operaguy posted Thu, 09 February 2006 at 7:37 PM

As much unlove as I have for Daz unimesh, I honestly wish them well with Victoria 4. ......i don't have much hope....but I do wish them well in fixing this line of models. ::::: Opera ::::

EnglishBob posted Fri, 10 February 2006 at 2:56 AM

Talos, the V3 fixes are in the RDNA freestuff. You may have better luck searching for Maveris, the creator. The actual item name is INJ-REM AdjShldr V3, and INJ-REM AdjButtock V3 is worth picking up while you're there. Oh, and their lights are great, too... Sorry, was that your hard disk I heard groaning? :)

Talos posted Fri, 10 February 2006 at 7:37 PM

Thanks, EnglishBob! No wonder. I wasn't using the right search words at all, just Victoria 3, arm fix, morphs. I thought I was good at this. :-)