Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: POSER stuff can run on DAZ STUDIO, right?

ReelBigFish opened this issue on Feb 16, 2006 ยท 5 posts

ReelBigFish posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 4:33 PM

I was just wondering if the stuff for POSER could run on DAZ. I thought it could, but now I'm not so sure. Can anyone help? Thanks.

JenX posted Thu, 16 February 2006 at 4:45 PM

Yes, but, there will almost always be the need to tweak different settings. Dynamic Hair and Clothing won't work at all, and P5 and P6 procedural shaders won't work.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

SpottedKitty posted Sat, 18 February 2006 at 12:24 PM

Also, some things (especially clothes) that depend on one morph being properly slaved to another morph will only work if the coding in the Poser-format .cr2 is done properly. Poser will still allow the morph to work if there are minor mistakes in the morph coding. In DAZ|Studio it will only work if the coding is right and follows the proper standards.

Most things will work properly, but if you have any problems, a large majority of them will be due to this.

RHaseltine posted Sat, 18 February 2006 at 1:54 PM

But you would still be able to set the morph by hand -you'd just lose the automatic link. The same applies to some other kinds of "remote control" - you may need to set values by hand that are automatic in Poser

arcas posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 11:29 AM

But you would still be able to set the morph by hand -you'd just lose the automatic link. The same applies to some other kinds of "remote control" - you may need to set values by hand... This is not always so. Case in point is Aery Soul's La Vanitie package. You can adjust the pose morphs when you first apply the clothes, but once the file is saved an reopened the morphs not only reset, but they lock up. This is not true for the Fit morphs in that package, only the motion morphs. I've found Poser stuff to work in DAZ (in my limited time in this art) about 95%. Incompatibilities aren't usually crippling, but there are some exceptions like the one above.