Forum: Animation

Subject: Feedback on my little film.

jpiazzo opened this issue on Feb 17, 2006 ยท 8 posts

jpiazzo posted Fri, 17 February 2006 at 6:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cinedv.com/portfolio.cfm?id=25&srch=ANIMATION

Hello everyone, I would like to have some feedback on this little short. This was my Rederosity Holiday Contest entry this year in the Animation Section, it received 1st runner-up (the story of my life). What I really felt was missing from the contest was community feedback thus this post. It was done in Poser and took about 40 hours including render time. This was really an experiment in what could be done in Poser and what short-cuts could be done in Post. For instance, if it did not move I did it in post. Almost all of the background environment was created in Photoshop. This saved a bunch of render time, and in-fact was the only way I could finish in time. Animated at 30fps Retimed to 15fps at output up-timed to 30fps in After Effects. Mixed results, but again half the render time. Main character is a Morph of P6s jessi. Cat animation was a pain in the a#@! Lighting enhanced in post. Should have been 2min half the story was lost. The little dream sequence outside, was a rough draft slugged in to finish. JP