Forum: Photography

Subject: Paint Cans--My Industrial Submittal--Advanced Cat.

Gwyn Tyger opened this issue on Mar 26, 2001 ยท 9 posts

Gwyn Tyger posted Mon, 26 March 2001 at 9:44 AM

well gang, this is my March submittal. i have taken two pictures of paint cans and a spiral staircase and merged them together to create this collage/montage. all three pictures are from the same watertank project. the paint was used to paint the water tank.

Tammy posted Tue, 27 March 2001 at 12:20 AM

I agree does look like it took a great deal of time, I really like the addition of the spiral staircase.

Syyd posted Tue, 27 March 2001 at 6:34 AM

What a different idea...very well done!

Gwyn Tyger posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 1:46 PM

it may look like i spent a lot of time with this particular work, but in actuality i only spent about 3 hours on it. the trick is in photopaint each layer over the base can be rendered hundreds of ways, and finding the right combination could take days if i hadn't spent countless hours on other works, where i developed a feel that cuts thru many trials and finds the right combo in relatively short time. would anyone want to see the three base photos i used to make this collage?

Gwyn Tyger posted Wed, 04 April 2001 at 10:43 AM

here are the base photos for my collage. i think they are interesting by themselves

Gwyn Tyger posted Wed, 04 April 2001 at 10:48 AM

here is the second layer

Gwyn Tyger posted Wed, 04 April 2001 at 10:51 AM

and this is the final layer.

Gwyn Tyger posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 11:35 PM

i see the images are back.

Syyd posted Sun, 22 April 2001 at 11:40 PM

YEAH...okay rocking...will get everything up in the am...its about 9:30 for you, and time for me to hit the hay....THANKS