Forum: Bryce

Subject: transparencies in bryce..

donniemc0 opened this issue on Feb 21, 2006 ยท 7 posts

donniemc0 posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 6:26 AM

First of all let me apologise because i have a feeling that this question has probably been asked a thousand times.!!

How do i get hair (or in my case a horses mane) to show properly in bryce? i know its something to do with blend transparency on the material but i can't find the post where i last saw it.Big thanks to anyone who shows infinite patience by helping me here!!

Mahray posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 6:36 AM

Click the little triangle :)

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

donniemc0 posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 6:40 AM

Thanks Mahray,i can find the blend transparency ok but my horses mane doesn't appear realistic, it is still solid. I'm sure i saw a post on how to set it up properly using alpha channels etc in this forum, but that's the link i've lost!!

Sans2012 posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 7:04 AM

Are you raising the level of transparency?

I never intended to make art.

donniemc0 posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 7:09 AM

i am raising, lowering, pulling hair...it goes from solid to white light shiny effect. I'm sure it had something to do with duplicating the material and putting that into the "b" column for transparency. If i were not at work just now i would post an image to illustrate. perhaps i should wait till i get home!

chohole posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 7:46 AM

If it's the milennium horse you have to be careful because there are 2 extra bits of mane, sort of like lines along the bottom. I have highlighted them in blue and green here, one on each side of the horse. They need the trans map applied as well. Personally I think it needs a new transmap. the that comes with the textures is far from brilliant.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

donniemc0 posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 9:29 AM

Thank you Chohole that is a great help! The screenshot is just what i need and yes it is the old mill horse, so i'll take on board that extra mane information too!! :) thanks again.