Forum: Carrara

Subject: Info on doing blood effects - pooling, splatter and then draining, etc...?

arcady opened this issue on Feb 27, 2006 ยท 9 posts

arcady posted Mon, 27 February 2006 at 3:00 PM

Anyone know of good tutorials or other info on doing blood effects? Carrara, photoshop, illustrator, whatever... Specifically I need to do four sorts: 1. Splattered against a wall and then draining down, as from someone lined up against that wall and shot. 2. Pooling around a body - so I need to design a good ground texture. 3. The logical appearance of a gunshot injury to the head... 4. I also need to do a particle generation of an injury happening at the moment of render. For this I am assuming I can just flip on the particle generator, correct? Can the results of that be exported as an obj or other format? Last time I used particle gen in a full scene it crashed Carrara, and this time I have 8 poser figures, a panzer tank, and the courtyard of a building... For the first three I'm assuming something I put together in photoshop or illustrator, that I then use as a 'terrain map' in Carrara. Sound like a good way to do it? I just need adivce on drawing it right... :) I don't tend to do violent images, but in this case I'm working on a war scene...

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery