Forum: Contest Announcements

Subject: APRIL CONTEST (great prize!)

Omen555 opened this issue on Mar 29, 2001 ยท 1 posts

Omen555 posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 12:51 PM

Attached Link: http://www.alteredinvp.cjb.net/

ALTERED.IMAGE is hosting another contest for the month of April. This contest is sponsored by RIGHT HEMISPHERE and the winning prize is DEEP PAINT 3D! That's an $800.00 program folks. Most of us make our 3D images for free and stick them in the galleries only to be buried and forgotten in a day or two so why not make them earn you something? This is a very good chance to show the people at Right Hemisphere what you've got. You've got talent and you know it so show it! This months theme and rules are as follows... The theme for this months challenge will be EASTER EGGS. Holiday Easter eggs must be used in the submissions and must be AT LEAST the SUBJECT of the image (displaying Easter eggs in your background hidden in the grass is not the subject of your image). Image must be created digitally and be predominately a 3D editor made image (minor 2D post-work allowable) Any 3D image editor[s] may be used 2D textures are allowed Must be original work Image must be 800x600 pixels Image must be saved in *.gif or *.jpg format Individuals are encouraged to submit more than one entry Individuals must submit their entry in HTML (url) format Deadline is April 30th Winning image will be announced on May 3rd All submitting artist's retain the copyright to their images and images will NOT be copied or transferred by Altered.Image web site in any way. I write editorials for ALTERED.IMAGE so I cannot participate in this contest but I damn sure would if I could because I know the chances of anyone winning are extremely good and this months theme is so easy that I could turn out quite a bit of different versions to this image. ALTERED.IMAGE is an extremely young artist's resource web site that seems promising for growth in the future, but as it is right now, not many 3D artist's are aware of it so this is a very opportune time to take advantage of a "little known secret" contest. I hope to see some names I know from here there! O5