Forum: Animation

Subject: Okay, folks - here it is.

gammaRascal opened this issue on Mar 12, 2006 ยท 11 posts

gammaRascal posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 12:56 PM

Attached Link: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4043966356530669925

Well it's been a long time coming, that's for sure! Some of you may have seen the animations in this clip but you've seen it out of context and unmastered. Now you can watch it in all it's glory, the way it was ment to be seen. The following is my first short film, released in 99 and just recently re-edited with new footage and re-mastered with new skills. It is not perfect. The audio is rank at best and comes in and out so the vo's might drift slightly. It's okay, there words are all there, just watch it again. This final version marks the begining of my next project. Hopefully, some of you might see fit to lend your skills, we'll see.

gammaRascal posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 4:43 PM

tagged properly

nemirc posted Sun, 12 March 2006 at 9:35 PM

I began watching it but I had to stop because I had to do something. That red-eyed bot is cool, though :D

nemirc
Renderosity Magazine Staff Writer
https://renderositymagazine.com/users/nemirc
https://about.me/aris3d/

devilsreject posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 12:22 AM

This is awesome! I have to ask, are the scenes with that red-eyed robot live action, stop motion, or 3D? Looks live action, but then some parts look stop motion or 3D. What software was involved here? Excellent work! Congratulations!

gammaRascal posted Mon, 13 March 2006 at 10:32 AM

Hey thanks for watching. :)

If your refering to the Ventilator, that head is about an inch in size and its stop-mo. I rigged two lasers off-screen to blast into the eye-sockets of the skull and animated those along with the head movements. Mojo D is a life size puppet.

Message edited on: 03/13/2006 10:32

jimbo90125 posted Tue, 14 March 2006 at 12:03 AM

Wow. that's some amazing stuff there. Great work!

InfoCentral posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 8:17 AM

Nice! I have to ask...what program did you use for the voice synthesis?

gammaRascal posted Thu, 16 March 2006 at 1:51 PM

Thanks for viewing :)

The voices are all mine, recorded on a crappy headset and into soundforge. The effect was basically a pitch effect but with lots of EQ cleaning and peicing together of different versions of dialogue. The leveling was an issue as it comes and goes and was a measure of the mix which I didnt have time to level properly :( The biggest probelm is playing it in 5.1 it gets very echo'ee and you loos some dialogue. In stereo, which is what it was mixed at, it isnt so bad. The final edit was in vegas so it helped a bit when working the vo track as I was able to work dynamically between both prgrams.

Message edited on: 03/16/2006 13:51

Message edited on: 03/16/2006 13:54

maxxxmodelz posted Sat, 18 March 2006 at 1:42 PM

Excellent job, man. I watched this the other day, but didn't have a chance to comment then. I LOVE the stop-mo and puppet shots. I'm a huge fan of stop motion, and you did it justice. One thing that "bugs" me, if I were to be critical, is that the opening shots you did in 3D look too flat/plastic. The rendering and lighting of the 3D shots are nowhere near the production quality of some of the other cool stuff you put into this. Hope that's not being too harsh, because I think it's excellent overall! Congrats!

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

gammaRascal posted Sat, 18 March 2006 at 2:53 PM

Thanks for the compliments max. especially your impressions of the production quality. I agree the textures were kinda flat and plastic looking. I coulda gone allot of different ways but decided on what we see based mostly on the fact that I built a crappy model, uvampped it badly, the time limitations of the project and rendering limitations and time limitation on my 1 and only computer. :( if it was rendering, then that meant that I wasn't doing anything else like post stuff, editing, mastering shots and a whole host of other things I need my computer for. I did have access to a laptop during the process but it couldn't compare and was primarily for sound and writing. my next project will incorporate more 3d but on a virtual level so it will be important to have some of these issues dealt with by then. at least 1 more p4 I can send renders to. production quality was an important factor when I started this project. the shootout sequence would have been lame if it was in someone's house, or some other such location. the stop motion would have been crap if I didn't take a year to build the set and compelling looking character to go with them. I did kinda crap out on the CG, but overall, im extremely pleased with the fact that the people who've seen this, actually know what production value IS. lol. and that adds credence to my experience and future endeavors, in that, it is an important factor if you want to make money. you gota look like you spent a load. without actually having spent a load :)

gammaRascal posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 9:57 AM

Attached Link: SoundProof Mouth

****Updated with new link cause the new forum killed it***** http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4043966356530669925