Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: What happened to the forgefires site?

xantor opened this issue on Mar 22, 2006 · 10 posts

xantor posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 6:01 AM

Forgefires.co.uk seems to be gone now, does anyone know what happened to it and do they have a new site opened up?

Little_Dragon posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 6:56 AM

Over at DAZ, kirisute mentioned some conflicts with his current host, so he has relocated to the following address: StArtiste Studios

Acadia posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 7:17 AM

Oh thank goodness they've only moved! I asked yesterday and the concesus was that they had lost the domain. However, given that they are hosting their items on someone else's web, it might just be true about the domain.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

xantor posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 9:10 PM

Oh well, it was really the free stuff there I was wondering about (I believe they hosted some warhammer space marines stuff).

Acadia posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 9:23 PM

Go to that site Little Dragon linked to. Click "Products" at the top, and then "Props". I think you will find what you are looking for there.

xantor posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 9:42 PM

Ok, thank you.

kirisute posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 4:46 AM

sorry, dont often hit the Osity forums....

basically my new host decided that my website was a "file distribution" website and had hidden away in their terms and conditions a ban on such website...they asked me to pull the files that they suggested were over-loading their server cpu's....i told them to stuff it seing as i paid for a 50 gig bandwidth and had only used about 20 gig.....things got heated....so i left ;)

LOL

all ym stuff is now hosted at Startiste, as well as my own forum there for new products and things in the offing and the occasional freebie or two..or three.....

Acadia posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 11:51 AM

Quote - sorry, dont often hit the Osity forums....

basically my new host decided that my website was a "file distribution" website and had hidden away in their terms and conditions a ban on such website...they asked me to pull the files that they suggested were over-loading their server cpu's....i told them to stuff it seing as i paid for a 50 gig bandwidth and had only used about 20 gig.....things got heated....so i left ;)

LOL

all ym stuff is now hosted at Startiste, as well as my own forum there for new products and things in the offing and the occasional freebie or two..or three.....

What is the link to your own forum?  I've tried to download from that startiste site but it's a real hassel to download a free item.  You have to go through an entire process as if you were buying from the store, including giving name, addresss, phone number etc.  And then the order says 'processing", like it's waiting for approval to get a link to a free download.  24 hours later and I still don't have a link to download, or a reply to my email.  :(

kirisute posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 2:16 AM

im really sorry to hear about that Acadia....

tell me what your after and ill get you a direct link to the files you want...no problem.....

as for the ordering of the freebies......we decided to go that route to allow people to acess freebies and priced store items at the same time, as well as keeping all the traffic located in one section of the store rather than people trawling thoough section after section to find what they want.

on top of that you only have to supply your details once as far as im aware....the store will then remember you.....so it really shouldnt be a huge issue for you to join the store and then have access to whatever files you wish to get.

still, like i say, let me know by PM what you are after and i can link you direct, no problem.

the link to my forum:

http://startiste.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=20&sid=c990bef8636d5b4c9d91657f453d6383

Spiritfoxy posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 7:37 AM

You also need to add the product you want to the order, if you do not choose the zipfile or the pdf file as the case may be, you will never get the download link.  I try very hard to catch those that do not do this and alert them, but with literally hundreds of downloads, I miss one from time to time.  As for signing up for an account, it is a store they are hosted at and you have to log in every forum you go, set up an account, etc, so I do not see the problem with that?  If you have any more problems, jut let me know and I will be more than happy to help you out smile