Forum: Photography

Subject: Am I a fractal?

Margana opened this issue on Apr 06, 2006 ยท 25 posts

Margana posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 9:48 AM

I really have no idea,lol. I'll make a thumby if you guys think so... 😉 ________________________________________________________ " Half of all people are below average."

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

TwoPynts posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 9:53 AM

:blink: I'd say YES Marlene. This is a natural fractal. Remember, leaves fall into this category, and I think this counts. Good one! Now I wanna go eat a bagel, I wonder why??? :lol:

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Margana posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 9:57 AM

Go eat a bagel?Hmmm.Could it be because you're in the bagel belt? ;^)

Marlene <")

My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

TwoPynts posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 10:07 AM

Speaking of which, I'll need to get a bigger one if these cravings continue... 🤤

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Fotogen posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 2:35 PM

Marlene; I am just as confused as you are in Natural Fractal Challenge. From the dictionary, it is referd to objects that look the same, in forms, that make up a bigger object that looks the same as the ones that make it. What did I just say :) The search for understanding the subject is still on for me.

Denger posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 2:54 PM

Quote - "I really have no idea,lol. I'll make a thumby if you guys think so... 😉""

Definitely fractallic! ________________________________________________________ " Half of all people are below average." ...and the other half failed to qualify!

Concepts are the playthings of an active intellect.

Margana posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 3:53 PM

LMAO at Denger. :laugh: And Fotogen,that definition is making my head spin! :^) ________________________________________ "Lead me not into temptation-I can find the way myself."

Marlene <")

My Blog

Fotogen posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 5:49 PM

:)

nattarious posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:00 PM

Hello Marlene.. this is really great tho.. but about the thumb thingy i am not sure :rolleyes: Thanks

NATTARIOUS[C] IS A WELL KNOWN INTERNATIONAL CLUB DJ - PHOTOGRAPHER - GRAPHIC AND COMMERCIAL DESIGNER AND THE OWNER OF XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS & CERTIFIED LEGAL GOLD MICROSOFT PARTNER!

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® OFFICIAL WEBSITE: WWW.XOOM-ARTS.COM

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® Ultimate Web Templates Just Click It

jocko500 posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:01 PM

Just go to the fractal gallery and see what they look like. Then go into nature and see what you saw in the fractul gallery This one would be what they call a flame fractal

what you see is not what you know; it in your face

jocko500 posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:06 PM

I got a natural fractal and a manmade fract that look almost the same. I just got to go photo the natual fractal. waiting on time and the sun now lol I planing on posting both of them so all can see the sameness in both of them together.

what you see is not what you know; it in your face

solrac_gi_2nd posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 9:36 PM

Quote - "I really have no idea,lol. I'll make a thumby if you guys think so... 😉"

Marlene this definitely is an excellent example of a natural fractal. 👍 Carlos. P.S.- and what about the 100x80 thumb ?

Margana posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 11:15 PM

Thanks guys.I never even heard of a flame fractal.You definately learn something new every day. I guess I'll do the thumby since most of you think it's a fractal. Once again,thanks for all your input. :^) ________________________________________ "Why is it called a building,when it's already been built?"

Marlene <")

My Blog

DJB posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 12:19 AM

I have no idea either,but cool shot even if not. I have one to ask about too. I think the swirls and plants in back, along with the funky hair is sort of fractal. If not I have a few more.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Margana posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 12:53 AM

I think you could probably even argue that ripples are fractal.Honestly,none of this makes sense to me,lol. I have a thumby if you think this should go towards the challenge...

Marlene <")

My Blog

DJB posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 1:09 AM

go for it Marlene.It's all kind of twisty and directional...

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Margana posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 1:57 AM

Works for me,lol.Okay,I'll get on that. ______________________________________ "Lead me not into temptation....I'll find my own way."

Marlene <")

My Blog

Onslow posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 12:45 PM

I don't know what is a natural, or even an unnatural, fractal is so I can't help here, but nice photo Marlene great colours :) All this new stuff is too much for me. Forum has changed and people seemed to have smileys and avatars etc none of which work for me.

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

Margana posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 1:03 PM

Thanks Richard. And lol,I didn't know how to do any of this either.If there's any way I can help,just say the word.😄 (The smilies are right here on top of the reply box.Just cut and paste the colons and the word in between,i.e.- : Smile :) _________________________________________ "Is there another word for synonym?"

Marlene <")

My Blog

Margana posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 1:27 PM

My thumby thingy...

Marlene <")

My Blog

DJB posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 8:20 PM

Oops thought I had this one last night....Love the DOF...Added to Challenge page
got_it.jpg

Margana posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 11:46 PM

K.Thankee. ___________________________________________ "Time heals all wounds,but its a terrible beautician!"

Marlene <")

My Blog

Laelia posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 8:48 AM

Agree with Carlos ( solrac_gi) who wrote into another forum message about the monthly challenge : fractal isn't only a mathematic description . @fotogen : the mathemathic theory of fractal was born studying natural forms could'nt be described with euclidian theory, the first example was the cauliflower... A feather, a crystal and almost vegetables, plants, etc... So Marle your pic is " windy" but definite fractal form as my little beginner opinion!! lol q:) Magali

Margana posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 5:48 PM

Most vegetables?Really?Okay.Thanks for the info Magali.Maybe by the end of the month I'll 'get' it,lol. :^)

Marlene <")

My Blog

Laelia posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 12:59 PM

not only vegetables, lol, Marle Each form with difficult sizes to "describe" mathematically with the euclidian theory But you could create a fractal cutting or enhancing in an image ( a shot ) of yours I think it is that the very challenge ! the most difficult !! Take a look on fractal galleries and for other kind of specif' example to the post of Delmur : http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=DELMUR There's a rule in fractal but so many illustrations, and I believe in the Art one ! Amicalement ( friendly ) Magali