Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: UV QUESTION :

pumecobann opened this issue on Apr 07, 2006 ยท 14 posts

pumecobann posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 6:28 PM

Hi. I'm hoping someone can throw me some 'basics' on UV maps. I've got the free Victoria3 download, and I've got BodyPaint to work with 3D texturing. I haven't - however, got a clue how to extract the default UV map from Victoria3 as supplied by DAZ. She didn't come with a skin texture, so I want to create one of my own using BodyPaint. I can't figure out why, when I've loaded her into BodyPaint, I have to start creating a UV map from scratch. There must be a way to load her in, and paint onto her without going through all that. I'm assuming this can be done. Otherwise, those skin textures in the MarketPlace would not be legally possible - would they? I'm under the impression that if I had to create a custom UV map, the texture would be useless to others unless I gave them the model as well which included 'that' custom UV map I based the texture on. If I created a custom map, and wanted to let others use my texture - they wouldn't be able to, because that would mean distributing the model with it's UV map as well, and that's obviously illegal. I hope you can see what I'm trying to get at here. I suppose I've worded this kinda badly - but hey, I seriously can't think of a better way to explain what I need to know. Any help - much appreciated. Len.

The wait can be horrific, but the outcome can be worse - pumeco 2006