Forum: Community Center

Subject: Please fix the notification ebots...it's worse than spam! :(

-renapd- opened this issue on Apr 08, 2006 ยท 17 posts

-renapd- posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 8:56 AM Site Admin

I posted this originally in the merchants forum for Clint and he suggested I post here.. don't know about the rest of you but this morning I had a most unpleasant experience in my inbox.. In the past, once you had posted in a forum thread you would get one notification ebot that someone replied and no more till the next time you visited that thread. Now you get one for each time a person replies! I had posted in just a couple of posts last night and this morning my inbox was clogged with the same titled ebot for each single person that had posted in those two! Thank God the threads were not that popular!! If this is a measure to constrain replies on threads it works guys! LOL I know I'll double think before posting again if this persists and notification ebots doesn't turn the good old way it used to be.. one notification on reply..none else till you visit the thread again - definately not one ebot once one replies..it's exhausting to keep deleting messages and clearing up my inbox! I know I can choose the no notification option but that is not helpful if you have posted a question! You need to know if someone has replied instead of visiting over and over the thread to see if that happened and avoid the countless ebots... I'm all in favour for changes for the better but please guys..some things worked just fine the way they were too! So please consider! :) Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."