Forum: Fractals

Subject: A Tutorial of Sorts on Masking

CavalierLady opened this issue on Apr 12, 2006 · 10 posts

CavalierLady posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 4:13 PM

Attached Link: Creating Masks in Ultra Fractal

Hi Folks...

A few days ago, I was helping someone who had asked for some UF help, and they also wanted some idea on how to create masks, as they were having a hard time with it, in spite of reading other tutorials. I ended up writing a tutorial for this person, rather than email back and forth. It seems to have helped as I heard back with an emailed image that did have a masked layer in it. ( great going, M...👍 )

I also had Heather take a look at it, and she thought it was ok for others that might be having a hard time with learning how to create masks in Ultra Fractal. (thanks, Heather!...:)...) Bear in mind that I have never written a tutorial in my life, so you might think it is complete drivel.  😊 But hopefully not! I tried to remember back how confused I was at first by the many things that UF could do, and all that I needed to learn, and write it from that perspective. So, for anyone that would like some help with masking, here's where you can find the tutorial that I wrote:

http://cavalierladyfractals.com/UFmasks.1.htm

It only seems fair to offer it to anyone needing a little help along the way, as I had so many great teachers on the UF List when I first started, for which I am very grateful. Hopefully, this will help someone else along the way that is just starting out with UF. It's very basic, nothing fancy.  (If the server should be too busy, just try again later, but hopefully, that won't be the case.)

Thanks for your time.

Maria