Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: White Pupils?

modus0 opened this issue on Apr 17, 2006 ยท 3 posts

modus0 posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 9:21 PM

I'm wondering if anyone knows either somewhere where I can get a white iris texture, or of a P6 material room node setup to change a color texture for a character's iris into a whte texture without losing much detail.

I'd still like to have the lines and such in the iris, but have the color black and white. And I've tried greyscaling a texture, but it seems to be fairly ininteresting and "flat".

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

pleonastic posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 11:08 PM

it's easy to make a greyscale texture in poser 6 -- just slap an hsv node in front of the image map for the iris, and set the saturation value to 0 (connect the iris's diffuse color channel to a math -> hsv node, connect the hsv node's color channel to the texture map). that alone won't make the texture interesting, of course. i tend to do that sort of work in photoshop where i can modify the curves of the individual colour channels and get more interesting contrasts. flatness can also be combatted by making the eye textures shiny, wet, with nice specular highlights. i am on a different machine without my tutorial links, but i am sure somebody else will jump right in.

TrekkieGrrrl posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 3:45 AM

You could also just try turning down the Texture Strength - that would make the white background shine through.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.