Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Luke and Laura

Circumvent opened this issue on Apr 19, 2006 · 21 posts

Circumvent posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 10:17 PM

Is there anyone out ther that is familiar with Luke and Laura?  I'm having a hard time locationg Luke and Laura in the libraries folder.  Is it a separate DAZ character from the DAZ People folder?  or is it just morphs from another model?  TIA.
Adrian😕

vladster posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 10:52 PM

You have to purchase them from DAZ.  They are Unimesh based so textures are interchangable with that family (V3,M3,SP3,...)

Circumvent posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 11:04 PM

Vladster
I think I got all the Characters for both Luke and Laura, I just can't find them.
Adrian

kuroyume0161 posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 11:09 PM

Luke and Laura are also known as "Young Teens".  Maybe that'll help you find them.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Tashar59 posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 11:42 PM

They are in your Figures > Daz People folder. Poses > ! Laura.

That F'n ( ! ) again.

Circumvent posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 11:42 PM

OK I bought the following for Luke and Laura:

Daz3D - Millenium Kids Young Teen Morphs.exe
DAZ3D - Millennium Kids - Young Teens - ps_pe051.exe
Daz3D - Millennium Kids Young Teens [Textures] - ps_pe051.exe
Daz3D - Millennium Boys
Daz3D - Millennium Girls

Do I need something else to make this complete?  WIth all the above installed I can't find Luke and Laura.  TIA.
Adrian

Circumvent posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 11:44 PM

Beryld
I do have both Luke and Laura in the Pose library but which character base model do I use to use the INJ?  Thanks.
Adrian

Tashar59 posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 11:48 PM

You didn't need to buy the Mil boys and girls. Young teens come with them. Well the laura and Luke heads on the mil bodies, as  extra figures. It's so you can use the mil kids clothes on the new Young teens.

Try the first line in my post.  Figures > Daz People. That is where the figures are in your runtime.

Circumvent posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 11:51 PM

Beryld
I'm lost.  So there isn't an actual character in the DAZ People folder correct?  If not I just don't know which base model to load.
Adrian

Tashar59 posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 11:58 PM

There should be if you have placed the folders in thier correct paths.

Circumvent posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 12:00 AM

Berlyd
WOW I don't have that in my Library.  What am I missing?   Thanks.
Adrian

Tashar59 posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 12:08 AM

You are using poser? The only thing I can think of is when you click on your .exe your not pointing to the right runntime. I also think that the Daz .exe want to install the Daz/Studio version as default. Make sure it says P5. If you have P5/P6.

Circumvent posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 12:09 AM

beryld
I have Poser 6 and all I do is click the EXE file and it goes into the only runtime folder i have on the C drive.   Should I buy something else?  I might be missing something.
Adrian

Tashar59 posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 12:27 AM

You did buy the figures. Make sure the .exe is set up right. Though I don't know which .exe Daz uses for those figures. I have them burnt to a disk and not on my computer to check. This is how they work now. Does the .exe ask you if you want to install the un-installer?

Circumvent posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 12:31 AM

Yes it askes me if i want to install an unistaller and i click NO and then it goes through.  It's set up exactly as the picture above.
Adrian

Tashar59 posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 12:38 AM

this is the one that has the figures,   DAZ3D - Millennium Kids - Young Teens - ps_pe051.exe,  so you did buy it. Maybe it a corrupt file, try DL it again. I'm stumped. It's not the upgrade that you bought is it?

Circumvent posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 12:41 AM

I didn't buy the upgrade.  I was just about too but I don't know what to do.  I think I may have to. I don't know im stumped too.
Adrian

Tashar59 posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 1:00 AM

Do not by the up grade. In fact you can get your money back for the (Daz3D - Millennium Boys
Daz3D - Millennium Girls) you have the full verison of Young teens and that will give you those figure also.

Down load the file again. Make sure poser is closed before you install and read the read me to see where the .exe put everything. I have the up-grade. Maybe the full version puts the figures in a different folder. Never hurts to check.

Look in your geometries folder and look in DAZpeople and see if there is an blYTGirlPT.obj. If so, the figures are ther and you just need to find the figures Cr2 in the figures folders.

Circumvent posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 1:03 AM

Beryld
Thanks so much.  I will definetly do that right now and see how it goes.  I'll let you know what happens:-)
Adrian

Circumvent posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 10:23 AM

Beryld
You are not going to believe what the problem was.  When I originally DL the Young Teens from DAZ, the file size was 26 Megs.  Well as you know they always post the file size for a specific file that you purchase.  In this case the Young Teens file was 45 Megs.  So all this time it was a bad DL.  I brought it to the attention of DAZ and they corrected the problem.  Now all my characters are there.  Thanks for your help.
Adrian

Tashar59 posted Thu, 20 April 2006 at 12:12 PM

It's good you got it working. Have fun with them.