Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: CS 2 Brushes and Poser

Circumvent opened this issue on Apr 24, 2006 · 8 posts

Circumvent posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 5:52 PM

I'm new to using brushes in  CS 2 and after using a cloud brush that I have, It looks blurry and I
don't know how to stop this from happening.  When I make a texture for poser it looks horribly blurry.  I don't know how to change the brush in order to fix the problem.  Thanks for the help.
Adrian

dphoadley posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 10:18 PM

bm

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Jackson posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 10:29 PM

Can you post an image of what you’re talking about? Maybe one of the brush stroke on white and one on the texture?

It could be your document’s dpi is set too low to capture the fine details of the brush.  Just a guess without seeing. Or maybe the brush was made blurry.

Circumvent posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 12:07 AM

Jackson Here I posted a JPG with a white background using a blood brush splatter.  If you noticed, its blurry and it was untouched.  All I did was click the mouse once to make the splatter and it's blurry and I don't know why it does that.  The size of the pic is 1024 X 764.  The size of the brush is 328 by default.  I got these brushes from http://www.brushes.obsidiandawn.com/index.shtml.  Thanks for any help you can give me on this.  Adrian

pleonastic posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 12:34 AM

i downloaded the set, and that's the way the brush was made. if you want it less blurry you need to modify it yourself and save as a new brush.

Jackson posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 12:40 AM

You mean the edges are blurry? Obviously, since the inside is solid.

Anyway, that could be the way the brush was made. It’s been a while since I made brushes, but IIRC, you can set the amount of “feathering” or softness for the edge of the brush.

Tomorrow I’ll grab some brushes from that site and see what I can see.

Oops! Crosspost with the above guy whose name I can’t spell.

Jackson posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 12:59 AM

Here’s an example of what I mean by dpi. The brush strokes in both images were made by the same brush...same size, same feathering. Note the edges in the 72 dpi version appear much blurrier than in the 300 dpi version.

It’s late and I’m only half awake so this is a lousy example but I hope you get the drift.

Circumvent posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 1:14 AM

OK so I need to modify the brush at a higher DPI and save it as a new brush?  I will try and do that and I will need to find out how to do that some how.  Thanks for the help.
Adrian