Forum: Vue

Subject: Newbie questions ....

caranarq opened this issue on May 10, 2006 ยท 14 posts

caranarq posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 12:03 AM

I'm new with Vue.

Really, i'm updating from AutoCAD to VUE, you know: autocad very precise with lots of tools versus Vue with only the necessary ones, Vue managing atmospheres, radiosity, HDR, terrains, procedural plants, stones, etc. versus Autocad ... can actually render!

I'm liking VUE. But again, I have problems with the precision I'm used with Autocad.

I can't find an units system inside vue - I mean, how do I know what meassures has an object? I think it is somehow important since radiosity cares about the size of the model to make its calculations - or so I have read it works like that in programs like Lightscape and Artlantis. And i have had problems with units when exporting to other apps like 3dstudio or Sketchup.

I'll make it short:

1- How can I be sure the imported object measures the same that in my original model?
2.- When inserting rocks, it inserts rocks the size of a car! I don't want rocks that big! how do I set the size of the inserted rocks? (the same for plants and objects)
3.- I'm using Vue 5 espirit. When I first entered EON's site, I got amazed with the ecosystem feature - but I can't find ecosystem materials in my VUE copy. "Well -I thought-, not everything comes free in the life. I can learn how to do them". How do I define an ecosystem material or where can I get some?

hope somebody can help me. And sorry for my english, i'm also somehow new to it.

Thanks!

you're saying CG sunlight is actually based on a real thing????