Forum: Fractals

Subject: Fractals and spirituality.

peapodgrrl opened this issue on May 14, 2006 · 12 posts

peapodgrrl posted Sun, 14 May 2006 at 1:58 PM

The whole act of synchronicity, or randomness, is a part of the magic of creating fractals. Shapes and colors and textures and hues appear at random, and sometimes---in my own life---I find they reflect events going on in my world, or my state of mind. Do you find this as well?

Since fractals are a representation of math, and math is nature, I have long said I considered fractals the "hands of God." I am not a traditionally religious person, but I am a spiritual one, and to me, fractals are a deeply personal representation of what I am experiencing, or what vibe I am sending out into the universe at the time.

For example, I remember a couple of years ago longing for my home---New York City. I have been a transplanted New Yorker for years now, and still find the country life a difficult transformation to have made--we live in the boonies of Vermont. I remain very much a city girl; I miss the museums, the restaurants, the taxis, the bustle, the hard glitter. During that time, my fractals all tended to look like cityscapes and skyscrapers and squared off buildings, or highly populated street scenes.

Likewise, when I am depressed, my fractals are dark and broody. When I am hopeful or enthused, the art reflects this as well. I don't know how this works---does energy impact matter?---but it has happened more times than not.

I was wondering if anyone here had any theories about this, or experienced a similar event.