Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Prop question

3-DArena opened this issue on Apr 03, 2001 ยท 6 posts

3-DArena posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 2:31 PM

(sorry I deleted prior post, wrong picture ) I created the "choker" here with the torus object, I then parented each consecutive torus to the first, but how do I get it to stay put on her? It won't parent because it is a prop. I tried locking it, no luck. I'm trying to sneak time to work on her (she is using sgacity's Jade texture - darkened of course) because I'm swamped. Everytime I move her, she leaves the choker behind...

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

wyrwulf posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 2:33 PM

Double click on the "first" torus and parent it to her neck.

JKeller posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 2:44 PM

I would export all of those torus props as an .obj. Then when you import it back in it will be one prop and much easier to deal with.

3-DArena posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 6:15 PM

Ok, I tried to parent it to her neck, but it wasn't an available option. When I went to parent it the hierarchy editor didn't show "figure 1" as an option. First time that's ever happened so I thought it was because they were props or something. I ill do the export because Iwant them available again, I'd like to smart prop them. But I am very new at all this... taking baby steps. :) Thanks for the answers!

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Nance posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 6:22 PM

"It won't parent because it is a prop" Uh... ya lost us there... props can indeed be parented, and with P4, can also be saved as "Smart Props" which retain parenting properties (as .hr2 hair models did back in P3). -To parent a prop (as opposed to a figure) select the prop and either right-click or go to the Objects pulldown. Choose "Change Parent" and from there it works like parenting a figure. If that was not the problem, please explain a little further.

3-DArena posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 6:46 PM

Nance, that is probaly the problem, I tried to do it like I do figures, so the figure I wanted to parent it to wasn't available.

-Galileo