Mon, Sep 9, 7:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 5:10 am)

Subject: Call for Banners

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2006 at 9:44 PM

file_343882.jpg

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2006 at 9:45 PM

file_343883.jpg

file_343884.jpg

file_343885.jpg

file_343886.jpg

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2006 at 9:46 PM

file_343887.jpg

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2006 at 9:46 PM

file_343888.jpg

DonnaB ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2006 at 11:00 PM

I know the dimensions, did I miss the file size?  Thanks!

"All my life I wanted to be somebody.  Now I see I should have been more specific." ~Jane Wagner~

Distinctively Donna

cynlee ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2006 at 11:42 PM · edited Wed, 31 May 2006 at 11:56 PM

ok.. so these are looking good here when you click on them..  they still measure 620X80.. hmmm

so why?? are a lot of the fonts in the forum & gallery headers looking all compressed & jagged??? not good :~/   ..anyone else seeing it?

Margana ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 12:58 AM

I was wondering the same thing,actually.

If they're the right file size,etc. shouldn't they look fine?And why do some photos look jagged or pixelated  sometimes, when others don't? Just curious...I obviously know I can do the right click thang... ;^)

Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.
Steven Wright

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Ger50 ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 2:40 AM

file_343906.jpg

Hi there, here is my set banners. I see a lot nice banners here

Ger50

Ger50 ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 2:41 AM

file_343907.jpg

Ger50

Ger50 ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 2:41 AM

file_343908.jpg

Ger50

vlaaitje ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 8:39 AM · edited Thu, 01 June 2006 at 8:54 AM

mmmmmmmmm I see here so many banners from one person???

I am talking about valou....sorry my dear......no hard feelings,

just want to say my honest opinion....I think 2 sets are more than enough me thinks,

I don't know what you think about it DOUG,

and to be honest it would be not fair if you see only banners from one person,

am I right or not? So let me know how many sets are allowed per member please.

I don't want to make problems, but thats what I noticed here...

and BTW RR is so damn Fuck...g slow

that I hardly can't comment...no fun at all...

Ilona

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

vlaaitje ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 8:52 AM · edited Thu, 01 June 2006 at 9:04 AM

mmmm I just checked all 4 pages here:

again, NO HARD FEELINGS VALOU, but it is a bit to much....

Page 1: 6 sets from Valou
Page 2: 10 sets from valou
Page 3: 9 sets from Valou
Page 4: 6 sets from Valou

31 SETS, PUFFFFF

mmmmmmmmmmm I think its a bit to much,
so if you post all in the banners, then we we see only VALOU'S banners.....
I speak for myself, but I bet more think like I do right now.....
again, NO HARD FEELINGS VALOU, but it is a bit to much....

Ilona

PLEASE LET US KNOW THE LIMIT DOUG !!!

Ilona

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 9:49 AM · edited Thu, 01 June 2006 at 9:50 AM

I have to agree...maybe set a limit at 5 per person? That way everyone stays in rotation and get's exposure. Nothing personal Valou, your enthusiam is wonderful! :thumbupboth:

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 10:29 AM

the speed & errors are indeed most trying.. couldn't have said it better myself Ilona.. LOL..  guess the massive move of a billion images has started.. at least i won't be contributing to that.. hehe, yeah, yeah :PPP stubborn wench that i am.. well Tedz will be glad to have his banner finally gone from here.. & sure, good to see some variety in banners

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 10:38 AM

heyyy... what it is here..

Vlaaitje : Normally, one can put 2 banners per month in the forum. However, RR will change format in a few times and all the banners that there was until now are not valid any more and it is necessary to put a sufficient number to be able to turn them…

look the commentary  for the last page:

Posted Mon, May 29, 2006 10:32 pm This is good. I have the ones from here in both forum and gallery. Need more please.
dBgrafix__Photography Moderator
dbgrafix.com

Posted Tue, May 30, 2006 11:24 pm
Impressive work everyone!!!. Soon there will be lots for a few months.
dBgrafix__Photography Moderator
dbgrafix.com

And I think that I would hurt, Douglas would have already said me something, since he looks that all time. A thing is sure, I don't have more banners in my PC and i don't want post more :lol:, because is a lot of hours with my pc :lol:

Now, if you see that very shocking, it's normal, since it 's true that I put much of it...

Well.... Good day and kiss

vlaaitje ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 12:09 PM · edited Thu, 01 June 2006 at 12:13 PM

Sure I understand that they need some new banners,
maybe it was better if Doug wrote how many sets per person!!
Always nice to see different onse,
but that does not mean 31 from one person!! You would hurt Douglas?
In which way, whit what?? Mmmmm that needs an explanation,
you make me very curious now.
haha explain a bit better...lol...
To me, it is not shocking, but just the truth in my view,
And I can't imagine that Doug....and don't forget our coord DANOB
allowed 31 one sets from each person.....enough said....
I hope Danob and Doug will answer this here....
keep smiling..life is bad enough....

it is not personal, just the way I see it, and maybe a lot more!!

Ilona

danob ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 1:14 PM

OK thanks a lot folks I have no idea why some look better than others maybe it is to do with them being the right type of font  We need plenty to last the year to save asking all the time but we will use the best 3 or 4 sets from each person I would assume

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 1:42 PM

At the beginning of this change, it would be nice to have a lot of banners to choose from. This way I do not have to make a call for new ones each time I want to put more in rotation.
I think anyone who wants to add a banner should feel free to upload  as many as they want now.
It did not work so well haviing only 2 or 3 from each.
If this thread gets too long or too big I can make a new one.
But I really would like a good variety to choose from.
Thanks everyone and keep them coming.
I will use only the ones that read well and can easily be identified as photography.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 2:05 PM

hi Doug,

ok my dear....

good day and kiss

Margana ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 2:19 PM · edited Thu, 01 June 2006 at 2:24 PM

"And I think that I would hurt, Douglas would have already said me something,"

LOL...Ilona,I think what Valou actually means is that if she were doing anything wrong,Doug would have said something to her.(Not that she was hurting Doug,lol.)I think she just misunderstood the request for further images...Is that right,Valou?

All in all,though,I must agree.Thirty-one from any one individual is a tad excessive. ;^)
A limit of two (as it always was) seems to be just right,if you ask me.Even five for those more inclined...

Me,I struggled with my one,lol.

As to the slowness of 'RR'...I'm starting to think it should be called GRR...LOL!

EDIT:I see my message was just rendered unnecessary,lol.Never mind... ;^D

Why isn't "palindrome" spelled the same way backwards?

Marlene <")

My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

aangus ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 2:26 PM

file_343940.JPG

Heres another one from me....eh...where do I send the bill to to please?

DonnaB ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 2:40 PM

file_343943.jpg

"All my life I wanted to be somebody.  Now I see I should have been more specific." ~Jane Wagner~

Distinctively Donna

DonnaB ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 2:41 PM

file_343944.jpg

Distinctively Donna

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 2:51 PM

file_343945.jpg

I agree, a wide variety of banners makes for a lot of choices. Great to see everyone flexing their creative muscles here. Here is my first set.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 2:56 PM · edited Thu, 01 June 2006 at 3:02 PM

file_343946.jpg

30 more to go... 😉 Still waiting to hear about the banner files size as well. Thanks.

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 3:31 PM

hi pretty Marlene..

It's all right, i never want to hurt Douglas and if i want to made that, i'm made in private, not in public LOL.. I say, Douglas need a lot banners for this new presentation in RR, only one reason, not more...

Well, if Douglas say me  want more, i made more, it's logic no? Yes, I know, i post 27 banners, it's a lot or too much!!! I like that, i like the design&art and when i don't work i made photo or this one. It's a past time like other...Now, if RR Photography need this work style, i'm always here. And now, if is necesary to made more, i made more ahahahahah :lol:

DonnaB... I like very much  your banners, excellent presentation and very original !!!

So, i hope a very   good day / afternoon / night   all people in this RR planet!!! 😄

vlaaitje ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 5:20 PM · edited Thu, 01 June 2006 at 5:24 PM

If Doug and Danob said it is okay...who am I to complain then....go ahead and post the banners!!

I just have my own opiniun about it, I don't want to upset people....that's not me.....sorry if I did

but I still stay by my own view on it....3 sets are enough......

enough said......

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 6:16 PM

OK well the last time we only allowed 2 per person, there was not as much response as I thought. So there was not many banners to rotate. This way I will have a good variety to choose from.I enjoy making banners too, and love to see everyone elses creativities.
Keep in mind that there will be only about 15 or so in rotation at a time.
So to me more is better on this occasion.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 2:54 PM

file_344017.jpg

Here you go Doug, no more horsing around.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 2:55 PM

file_344018.jpg

Wild horses on Cumberland Island, heading down to the ocean to cool off and escape the bugs.

aangus ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 3:10 PM

file_344020.JPG

This one started off as sharks teeth, perhaps it was cruising the ocean looking for horses

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 3:16 PM

Yikes! They better stay back from the waterline then. =]

Cynical ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 4:16 PM

I remember reading in this forum back when the rotating banners were implemented.  In a thread someone had asked how many sets of banners they could submit and the answer was:  That any member could submit up to three sets of banners per month.  I can't remember when the thread was posted, but it was posted.   Maybe you need to do a search?

I think 31 sets is going a bit overboard, but then again I don't submit anything here, so who am I to judge?

The Cynical One

I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste.  -Marcel Duchamp 

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 4:54 PM

:blink:

DJB ( ) posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 11:28 PM

Good stuff Kort and Anthony...keep em coming...

babuci ( ) posted Sat, 03 June 2006 at 1:10 AM

file_344059.jpg

Hella,  I like to join in,  hope you can use them.

seeyus

babuci ( ) posted Sat, 03 June 2006 at 1:11 AM

file_344060.jpg

babuci ( ) posted Sat, 03 June 2006 at 1:12 AM

file_344061.jpg

file_344062.jpg

file_344063.jpg

babuci ( ) posted Sat, 03 June 2006 at 1:13 AM

file_344064.jpg

file_344065.jpg

file_344066.jpg

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2006 at 9:44 AM

Super banners there Tunde! =]

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2006 at 10:08 AM

file_344337.jpg

Here is one in honor of the upcoming 4th of July holiday.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2006 at 10:09 AM

file_344338.jpg

...and the other.

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 05 June 2006 at 12:27 PM

file_344352.jpg

Okay...here's my pathetic one and only,lol...even though I'm a bit sick of it.I sooooo gotta make some new ones...

Did anyone ever find out about the file size of these?

"My doctor told me I was paranoid... well he didn't actually say that, but I could tell he was thinking it."

Marlene <")

My Blog

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.