Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Is Daz Studio Still Crashy?

Davaris opened this issue on Jun 01, 2006 · 7 posts

Davaris posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 8:48 PM

I tried it earlier this year and it crashed all the time. So I was wondering is it more stable now?

jestmart posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 9:13 PM

Must often the problems people have with Studio are related to not having an adequate graphic card/chip, or not having updated manufactures drivers (not Microsoft). Give it a try and if you still have problems don't be afraid to ask for help at the official DAZ Studio forum (the link is in the banner for this forum).

Ares_Designs posted Thu, 01 June 2006 at 9:44 PM

Since updating to the latest version . I have had no problems with it. Though I have had no crashing with the program since I started using it. But that could be as posted before me due to the aftermarket graphics card. I would also as stated earlier check drivers on your card to see if there is a newer version

L33tace posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 1:49 AM

i'm with jestmart, give it a go. if it is the version i think you had, they updated that pretty quick and fixed the major problems. 

klown posted Fri, 02 June 2006 at 10:31 AM

It's getting better with each incarnation and the group seems to pay attention to the bug reports and follows up when possible.

leehilliard posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 4:28 PM

i've worked with the newest version and i haven't had any  major problems (knock on wood). ih ave learned to do some postwork when i need large renders for example more than 3-4 characters fully clothed,

Remix1121 posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 1:22 PM

Daz like carrara is great for big scenes. Carrara aint working for atm tho :P. Love D/S. 4 M3's all in the VAP armor by sanctum art. 1 building by stonemason and smaller props all without one lil problem :D.