Forum: Community Center

Subject: No ebots at all

Adavyss opened this issue on Jun 18, 2006 · 214 posts

Adavyss posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 2:59 AM

Am I the only one?
I don't receive any ebot at all (gallery, forums...)
Nothing

williamsn posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 3:01 AM

I just recieved an eBot about you posting this. Lol. shrugs all the logs say the eBots are going out. N

-Nicholas

Adavyss posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 3:15 AM

hi Nicholas

And I just received one for your answer. Good.
But I did'nt received any for the posts made yesterday

And BTW, there are spoons
Cheers

Kinouk posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 10:40 AM

I'm still not getting the ebots for my favorite artist :(  I get all the others.

Any idea when this can be fixed.

hugz

Joan

williamsn posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 1:20 PM

I got multiple emails about my favorite artists this morning. The logs show no errors sending favorite artist emails through the night. I don't know what to tell you beyond that.

-Nicholas

Kinouk posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 2:08 PM

Thanks

I wait a couple of days..then bug ya again :)

hugz

jjean21 posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 2:44 PM

I'm getting e-bots on gallery comments and MP sale items but the ones for my favs are still sporadic. There are 4 of my favs in the gallery now, one posted 16 minutes ago the other three over an hour ago and still no e-bot (however the good news is I found them without one LOL)

jjean21 posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 2:44 PM

I'm getting e-bots on gallery comments and MP sale items but the ones for my favs are still sporadic. There are 4 of my favs in the gallery now, one posted 16 minutes ago the other three over an hour ago and still no e-bot (however the good news is I found them without one LOL)

gillbrooks posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 2:48 PM

I'm not getting ebots when my fav artists upload either :(   Havent had since the gallery was changed over.

Before the change I wasn't getting forum post ebots.  I'm getting those now.

Gill

Kinouk posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 4:24 PM

Glad it's not just me...was feeling a little picked on LOL

hugz

SndCastie posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 4:43 PM

Check your favorites under your options and make sure they are set to notify if they say turn notify on then they are set to not notify but if it says turn notify off then they are set to notify you. Some may have reverted back to not notify when the gallery was converted over. Other then that not sure what could be wrong.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

jjean21 posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:23 PM

Just checked and mine all say 'turn notification off' but I still just had 3 favs post and  got e-bots on 2 of them..the 3rd is still in never never land. Still as the song says 2 out of 3 ain't bad LOL

gillbrooks posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:27 PM

I just got one a few ago so maybe they're starting to kick in now.  :)

Gill

louly posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:36 PM

All my favourite artists are set to notify but I don't get emails for all of them, only for some of them... That's an even worse bug to trace lol  I deleted one off my list and added him again to see if that makes a difference. Also, one artist who is usually very popular thought that he didn't have a big response because of the subject of his picture. But I think people don't get notified, so there are less comments in the galleries...

Thinking about it now that I see the checkbox... I was getting notified for one topic I contributed to in the forum but I never checked it to be notified.

Kinouk posted Sun, 18 June 2006 at 5:49 PM

I just got my first fav. artist ebot in 4 days...just one. All mine are set to notify, that was the first thing I check on. Let's hope they keep coming.

hugz

Adavyss posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 2:52 AM

**@ SndCastie

**I checked.
All my favourite artists are set to notify, and I did not receive a single ebot since 13/06/2006

Star4mation posted Mon, 19 June 2006 at 1:42 PM

Very erratic these e-bots sometimes I get them, sometimes I dont!!!  :(

If it ain't free, I can't afford it.

liewald posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 12:19 PM

I've had No Ebots Either......... HELP!!!!!!

Kinouk posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 3:45 PM

*Well it's Wed. and still no ebots for my favorite artists. Are you any closer to getting this fixed? *

hugz

Joan

StaceyG posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 4:10 PM

Please check your spam filter and make sure they are not getting caught in there. We have tested heavily and the ebots are going out as they should.

Doc000 posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 4:40 PM

They're still not working properly...and no, the ebots are NOT going through my spam filters.  The few ebots I do get come to my inbox, not to my spam folder. 

But, I've gotten to the point that I really don't care anymore.  The attitude of  "It works for us...tough luck if it doesn't work for you!" is starting to get a little irritating, and I honestly don't give a flip anymore if they ever do start working.

Giolon posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 4:59 PM

All mine are say "Turn notifications Off" (which means notifications are on).  I have received some, but not all e-bot notifications, and no they are not in my spam filter. 

For example, I received a notification that IgnisSerpentus had posted an image on monday, but not one for Prog, who uploaded an image on the same day.  IgnisSerptenus has also uploaded two images yesterday and today, and I have NOT received any e-bots for them.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

louly posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 5:14 PM

Same here. I do receive some ebots for some artists and none are in my spam filter. But for example, Awadissk is in my favourite artists, I even deleted him from my list and added him back to make sure it would work and I still don't receive any ebots for him.  For other artists like Valouchufy, sometimes I get them and sometimes I don't...

StaceyG posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 5:15 PM

Doc,

We have been testing, researching, etc and the logs show they are all going out. Not at all trying to ignore or act like its not happening, I don't do that. its hard to replicate this and understand it because we tested with multiple accounts, multiple email provider addresses, in multiple ways and got every single ebot . Now some did go in the junk email on one email account, one email account got caught in the spam filter so I was just double checking with you all because I am most definitely trying to help and have been on this issue since the beginning.  When the logs are showing that on our end they have sent as they should then it seems to be saying something is happening on the other end so since I am not at you computer with your email account, I'm asking questions.

StaceyG posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:09 PM

Doc,

I have sent you an email, can you please respond to it as soon as possible. I want to test something with you.

Thanks

Kinouk posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:12 PM

I'm going to add Awadissk, cuz I know he posts an image everyday. It's just my fav. artists ebots I'm not getting. I have no spam folder.

hugz

StaceyG posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:14 PM

Kinouk, Please go and add me to your favorites now if you could. StaceyG

Then post back so that I know you have done it.   I'm getting ready to do a test image upload so I want to see what happens

Giolon posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:21 PM

Stacey, I just added you right now (6:20 server time), bu tyou uploaded an image at 6:04.  I have it set to send notifications.  If you upload another image, I'll tell you if I get it or not.

¤~Giolon~¤

StaceyG posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:22 PM

Okay let me know. I just uploaded one not sure If you had already added me or if I was uploading at the same time you were adding..

I'll be doing another in a few minutes though.

Oh and I did get the ebot telling me you had added me, BTW

StaceyG posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:25 PM

Okay Giolon I just did another one because the time stamp on my second one was the exact timestamp on the ebot I got for you adding me. Let me know

Giolon posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:28 PM

I got the ebot, Stacey!  I got both, Test 2 Ignore AND Test 3.

However, it doesn't change the fact that I did not receive notifications for IgnisSerpentus's images today (1:22pm today) and Tuesday (1:09pm Tuesday), but I did get the notification from her image on Monday (2:06pm Monday).  Also, I did not get notification from Prog's image on Monday (5:20pm Monday).

¤~Giolon~¤

StaceyG posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 6:31 PM

Okay I'm just trying to gather as much information as I can. Thanks for the help.

jwiest posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:03 PM

I too am only getting some of my e-bots.  I'd guess I get 60-70% of them, but I know i'm not getting them all.  They're not going to SPAM, otherwise I'd not get any, and they're all turned on...I just checked.

shrug Not sure what you can do since the system seems to say they're all going out, but I thought I'd just point out it's seemingly not an isolated incident.  I didn't get the ones for Iggy or Prog lately either.

John

John

vikinglady posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:08 PM

In the thread "Information on the resizing images issue...."  I posted a note ' Posted Wed, Jun 21, 2006 1:03 pm' and did not get an ebot for it.  Edited key points of the note below.  Did get ebot for  thefixer Posted Wed, Jun 21, 2006 1:35 pm. But, not  Unicornst Posted Wed, Jun 21, 2006 1:47 pm.  No ebots have landed in Junk/Bulk folder.

Help.

" Posted Wed, Jun 21, 2006 1:03 pm
I am missing ebots for posts after:

**PJF  ** Posted Wed, Jun 21, 2006 2:55 am

through:

**FlyByNight   ** Posted Wed, Jun 21, 2006 11:34 am

Any reason for this?    Yes, I am subscribed.  &  Yes, this is an ongoing issue for me across a subscritions on all threads. "

Thanks in advance for checking on this.

Viking Lady

StaceyG posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:16 PM

I will pass this on and we'll see whats going on just please know that it won't be right away because Nicholas is all tied up working on the resizing thing but as soon as possible we will look into it.

Kinouk posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:20 PM

Ok Stacey,

I missed both of them..was eating dinner and feeding the dogs. I'm in Vegas, NV..so it west coast time. I'm going to add you now (5:20PM).

Let me know when ya post :)

Hugz

Joan

Kinouk posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:26 PM

Stacey do ya not have a gallery?

Joan

StaceyG posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:36 PM

Well I did while I was testing but I deleted all the test images. I think I have enough info now as others helped out with this.  I'll let you guys know.

Thanks!!

vikinglady posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 7:36 PM

Quote - I will pass this on and we'll see whats going on just please know that it won't be right away because Nicholas is all tied up working on the resizing thing but as soon as possible we will look into it.

Thank you for the prompt replay.  Will put this issue on my back burner.

Hands a delivery ticket for 1 case each of Red Bull, Bawls, Gatorade, Coke,  Pepsi, and 10 pizzas.

Viking Lady

Hedda posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 8:14 PM

I get an ebot about some of my favorite artists upload an image, but very often I do not get any,- but can see them in the "whats new" section that they have uploaded. I also saw 1 hour ago that 82 people had me in their favorite artist list, now when I looked it says only 30. So 52 people have deleted me from their favorite artist list in 1 hour??? :tongue1: maybe that's the reason I do not get any ebots,- maybe the favorite artists I have are beeing deleted from time to time? I really don't understand anything of this, and I know that bout 70-80 persons shouls be more spesific than 30, cause I always recieved an ebot before when someone added me to their list.

williamsn posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 8:20 PM

Hedda, We just finished running a script to fix statistics for artists because somehow some things got skewed. This could be the cause for this sudden change. Sorry if that disappoints you :sad:. N

-Nicholas

Hedda posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 8:31 PM

Quote - Hedda, We just finished running a script to fix statistics for artists because somehow some things got skewed. This could be the cause for this sudden change. Sorry if that disappoints you :sad:. N

Hehe, no,- it doesen't matter for me if 100 or 30 people have me in their favorite artist list,- I do not allow comments or things like that anyway 😄 But maybe..I say  maybe some of those that had me in their favorite-artist list will think it's a bit sad if I am removed from their list :unsure:

Dragontales posted Wed, 21 June 2006 at 11:15 PM

I know you're all looking into it, but I just wanted to add that I too am not getting all of my ebot notifications.  I get some, but not others.  Prog's is also one I didn't get.  I wonder if it's only with certain artists, or more of a random thing. 

Thanks,
Dragontales

Doc000 posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 3:24 AM

It seems to be completely hit or miss.  One of my favorites uploaded an image just a little while ago and I got no notice.  Yet, he uploaded 2 images yesterday and I got the ebot for only one of them.  And, I've just seen 2 more on my favorites list upload images within the last few hours...no ebots.

Doc000 posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 11:02 AM

Five more of my favorite artists have uploaded this morning...1 ebot notification.

Kinouk posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 12:10 PM

I just got one after 5 days :). And three have uploaded today that I know of!!

hugz

Joan

Azatoth posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 2:42 PM

I have subscribed to about a dozen artists here to be notified upon a new posting. Since the patch the notification have decreased massivly. After checking normally I found art by above artist, where no notificationhad been send.

Any ideas how to solve this ?

Edit: ty S.G. for refering me to this post.

StaceyG posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 3:21 PM

Okay we found an issue that looks like may have been causing the sporadic ebot problem. Please keep me posted on how the ebots are working for you on anything after 3:00 system time today.

Thanks!!

jwiest posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 5:56 PM

Found at least two I didn't get after that, but I seem to be getting more at least.

John

jwiest posted Thu, 22 June 2006 at 6:49 PM

Specifically since 3:00 system time today, I've missed e-bots on 6 out of 13 images that have been posted.

John

Doc000 posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 8:10 AM

Still not working.

Four of my favorite artists uploaded overnight...zero ebots.

jwiest posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 9:54 AM

Tracked some more last night.  Since my last post here through Midnight system time I got 11 e-bots for 20 images uploaded.  Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the missing ones either.  Ones I missed earlier in the week arrived yesterday. shrug

John

Doc000 posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 5:46 PM

Since the announcement that it should have been fixed as of 3pm yesterday, I've seen at least half a dozen of my favorite artists upload images (haven't been to the galleries in the last few hours), but I only got an ebot on one of them.

Is there any status on this issue?

StaceyG posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 5:47 PM

Well Doc no not at the moment. We thought we had the issue found yesterday but obviously thats not it.  Back to the drawing board. We really apologize for the delay in getting this 100% resolved but this ebot thing is a bugger to try and figure out..

Unicornst posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 6:03 PM

If it helps.... I just found three from my list that I didn't receive the ebot for. And at least 4 people have told me personally that they are not getting any ebots from my uploads.

Edited to add that the 3 missing ebots are from the last 24 hours.

Kinouk posted Fri, 23 June 2006 at 6:17 PM

I got one todays for Martin's image. I know 3 others I didn't get ebots for.

Joan

liewald posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 3:17 AM

Still No Ebots........

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP

jjean21 posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 6:16 AM

The e-bots are still terribly sporadic, I had one this morning and when I checkedthe gallery I found 3 other favs that I hadn't gotten notification about and they had posted after the e-bot I got.

DennisReed posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 12:52 PM

Quote - The e-bots are still terribly sporadic, I had one this morning and when I checkedthe gallery I found 3 other favs that I hadn't gotten notification about and they had posted after the e-bot I got.

Same Here?????????????????? Both of TallPockets 6/23 and 6/24, I am off to see the main gallery for more!

StaceyG posted Sat, 24 June 2006 at 4:31 PM

We will continue to research this issue:)

liewald posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 12:45 AM

Sitting twiddling thumbs...................

DennisReed posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 2:11 AM

I missed a total of 7 notification for 6/24 I did get 6 notifications, and 7 comments. I did take 18+ pages to weed thru all images posed on 6/24! I do hope this gets fixed soon! :(

Dragontales posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 11:49 AM

I know I'm still missing ebots.  I don't have the time to go through and figure out how many, but I know they're still sporadic.  I too hope it gets resolved soon. 

StaceyG posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 4:43 PM

Thanks for keeping us informed everyone. We will get to the bottom of the issue.

Unicornst posted Sun, 25 June 2006 at 6:07 PM

We got faith in ya'll, Stacey. Or we would all have given up by now. LOL

liewald posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 3:08 PM

The thumbs they are a twiddling!!!!! faster and faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc000 posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 3:28 PM

For what it's worth, they're still hit or miss for me as well.  I have noticed that it seems that I get all ebots from some artists on my list, some ebots from others, and then there are some that I don't even think I've gotten ebots about since the conversion.

StaceyG posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 3:31 PM

The programmers are working hard on this ebot issue as we speak so hopefully it will be resolved once and for all very soon:)

mark4x5 posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 4:18 PM

I have noticed that I am only getting notifications for new images from a small subset of my favorite artists list.  I see new images by artists in the galleries but I don't get an "ebot" notification for thier images.

Am I doing somthing wrong, I used to get ebots for all artists before the galley change, but now only a portion of the list.  I hae not disabled notifications in the favorite artist section of my gallery

Please; any help here will be appreciated.   Thanks

StaceyG posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 6:16 PM

Please read my post above yours:)

SaintFox posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 6:56 PM

I hope that the problem will be solved soon as most of the images of my favorite artists and all of mine posted since the conversion started drowned in the "data orcus"... But I didn't want to complain but report something I saw today: When entering a gallery section like "Poser" there is a link saying "Please post commercial images to the Product Showcase gallery" . The attached link does not work (at least for me). The "copyright" link below leads to nothing, too. :huh:

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

Giolon posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 7:04 PM

Still not getting all favorites e-bots, only some.  For example:

Image posted by Danceswithroos on Mon, June 26, 2006 @ 2:59 am, no notification.

Image posted by IgnisSerpentus on Tue, June 27, 2006 @ 1:50 pm, received notification.

¤~Giolon~¤

Unicornst posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 8:10 PM

I got a couple today I haven't gotten since the conversion and a few people are reporting that they are finally receiving ebots about my uploads.

Whatever you're doing....keep it up. grin

Janet

jwiest posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 8:43 PM

I think I've been getting more today, but I'm certainly not getting all of them yet.  Quite a higher percentage I think though I've not been actively tracking them to be honest.

John

StaceyG posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 8:48 PM

The programmers did do some things today and have been keeping close tabs on the logs, we'll continue watching to see.

Unicornst posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 9:01 PM

Aha! I knew something different had to have happened. lol

Give them programmers some coffee and a pat on the back. Looks like they might be on the right track.

Janet

StaceyG posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 9:07 PM

This ebot deal is making us all crazy!!!  But never fear I have faith they will get it 100% back on track..

Neither one drinks coffee but I can definitely give them pats on the back:)

jwiest posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 9:15 PM

Coke?  Mountain Dew?  Jolt?  I think we could chip in for whatever they need. :D lol

John

williamsn posted Tue, 27 June 2006 at 10:08 PM

I DO SO DRINK COFFEE!! :-) Mmmmmmmmm now I'm go fix me some Starbucks in me coffee maker 😄. N

-Nicholas

westonmi posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 12:38 AM

Well you did "something" alright because I've just gotten 19 bot-mails announcing the release of 1 product. Don't you think that's a bit much?

jwiest posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 12:44 AM

Yeah, I've not counted, but I've just gotten at least 10 for Morris' latest.

John

Jumpstartme2 posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 12:52 AM

We're having a stampede now?.....Im getting normal.

Now Nic, you sure you didnt give those frisky ebots some of that Starbucks did ya? :m_laugh:

Seriously tho guys, Nic will get it figured out 😉

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

westonmi posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 1:05 AM

I've now removed Morris as a fav merchant and yet I'm still getting the bot-mails...total is up to 24 now. Is there a way of turning the bot crud off short of removing folks from your fav lists? If there isn't a way, could you add one?

bogwoppet posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 1:07 AM

I just received 25 ebots for the same new product by Morrris! One minute I don't get any - now I'm flooded with the damn things - guess it'll sort itself out sooner or later.

Jumpstartme2 posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 2:01 AM

Will direct Nic here guys..hang tight ;)

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Fredy posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 10:31 AM

29 ebots from the same Morris product. Did I win? ;-)

Honestly: this is getting ridiculous... :-(

StaceyG posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 10:42 AM

This has been reported to the programmers. Did it seem that Morris was the only vendor you got that many ebots for? 

Fredy posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 10:56 AM

So far only from Morris so many ebots but also a few days back from Vali's product about 6 ebots or so if I remember correctly .

If you need the timestamps from last ebot invasion I can post them.

jwiest posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 11:54 AM

Darn!  I can only tie Fredy for 29 Morris e-bots! LOL  I also got quite a few for one of Vali's products that one time too.  Nobody else though.  At least not yet. ;)

John

vikinglady posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 4:29 PM

Quote - Still not getting all favorites e-bots, only some.  For example:

Image posted by Danceswithroos on Mon, June 26, 2006 @ 2:59 am, no notification.

Image posted by IgnisSerpentus on Tue, June 27, 2006 @ 1:50 pm, received notification.

This is the last post I received an ebot for, in this thread.  Full header data sent to williamsn under separate IM.  This is an ongoing issue with CC, TG, and Fractal forums.  Is this helpful?  What other data is needed to track this SNAFU?

VikingLady

jwiest posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 4:46 PM

Have you been online since then?  I believe you only get one notice for the thread until you've logged in again, not one for each and every post.  At least that's how it's worked for me. :)

John

vikinglady posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 5:07 PM

[top] [reply] [unsubscribe] [print] [save]

4 pages :: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

I am subscribed to this thread as the boxes above show. I am supposed to get an ebot for every post, as I did with your post.  I did Not get any ebots for postings between previously quoted ebot and yours.  :(

VikingLady

Giolon posted Wed, 28 June 2006 at 11:24 PM

Image posted by Prog Wed, June 28, 2006 5:10 pm, no notification :(

¤~Giolon~¤

williamsn posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 12:20 AM

vikinglady, You will not get an email on every reply. You will get an email for the first reply until you return. Example. You reply and subscribe (or just subscribe) to "Joe's Thread". Someone else replies, and you get an eBot for it, but you don't click on the link to visit the thread just yet. Yet another person replies ... or three or four or five or six ... but since you haven't visited the thread yet, you get no more eBots. You come back to the thread to read all the replies and your subscription is reset for you. Someone else replies, and you get an eBot for it. I'm not sure exactly why you sent me that email header, but it didn't contain any information that was useful for me. Thanks anyway tho. Help is always appreciated. We're pretty sure we got the problem tapped down now. eBots in the galleries should be gradually returning to normal over the next couple of days. N

-Nicholas

vikinglady posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 12:33 AM

Quote - vikinglady, You will not get an email on every reply. You will get an email for the first reply until you return. Example. You reply and subscribe (or just subscribe) to "Joe's Thread". Someone else replies, and you get an eBot for it, but you don't click on the link to visit the thread just yet. Yet another person replies ... or three or four or five or six ... but since you haven't visited the thread yet, you get no more eBots. You come back to the thread to read all the replies and your subscription is reset for you. Someone else replies, and you get an eBot for it. I'm not sure exactly why you sent me that email header, but it didn't contain any information that was useful for me. Thanks anyway tho. Help is always appreciated. We're pretty sure we got the problem tapped down now. eBots in the galleries should be gradually returning to normal over the next couple of days. N

N,

This ebot system/prog seems totally different and limiting in the quantity of ebots sent.  Prior to camelot and merlin coming online, I was receiving ebots with each posting to a thread I subscribed to.

To clarify; the new system has a 1 ebot limit, and is reset each time you go to that thread from an ebot?  Or am I still confused?

VL

williamsn posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 12:40 AM

VL, You are incorrect in that this eBot system actually works identically to the way it did in the old forums. You are correct in your summation that you receive only one eBot until you revisit the thread, at which time it is reset. N

-Nicholas

Unicornst posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 11:06 AM

Hmmmm... Seems Vali released a product 10 times today. lol

Fredy posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 11:11 AM

Yep, 10 ebots for Vali's new product... 

Fredy posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 12:23 PM

add another one... makes 11...

ariannah posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 1:10 PM

Same with Placebo.
This is getting ridiculous.

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

Doc000 posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 1:24 PM

Yesterday, it looked as if the favorite artist ebot problem had been resolved, but I'm starting to miss some again today.  Any chance of getting an update on this issue?

jwiest posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 1:57 PM

I'm getting tons of Vali ones too, probably 10-12 like the others.  And while I've not had a chance to check, the artist e-bots are back to a trickle again. 

John

StaceyG posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 1:57 PM

There was a change to the mail server today about 1:00 system time so let me know if you miss any favorite ebots after this time:)

IgnisSerpentus posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 7:00 PM

Well after giving it due time to get back to normal, I figured I should report missing ebots since the gallery changeover. And it doesnt just affect me, but ann0314 and prog as well. People who have us faved arent getting ebots when we upload an image, which, Im sure, is irritating them. Normally, I wouldnt complain about this, Id just wait and let it work itself out, but it does make advertising products to generate sales on Rendo harder to accomplish (as not many people see the posts anymore)  Im not sure if there are still glitches you guys are working out, but I figured Id post something just in case.

StaceyG posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 8:18 PM

We are aware of the issues since the conversion as stated througout this thread. I had just posted this afternoon that we made some changes to the mail server around 1:00pm system time so I really need details on missing ebots after that time as we have been aware of the missing ebots since the gallery conversion but think we have it resolved now.

Thanks

IgnisSerpentus posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 8:34 PM

LOL as always, I have impeccable timing. I shoulda read the rest of the thread... doh! Well, I dont think any of us have posted today to tell, but I will let them both know and post back the results. Thanks!!! I appreciate it :o)

StaceyG posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 8:35 PM

Thank you so much for your help:)

Unicornst posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 9:04 PM

Stacey,

If it's any help at all, I did receive one this evening from an artist I haven't had one from since the conversion.

Janet

StaceyG posted Thu, 29 June 2006 at 9:06 PM

Oh that is GOOD news. We monitored the logs all afternoon after the mail server change and things looked really good so I am praying this time we have found the problem and that ebots will flow as they should.

Thanks so much for the info

Unicornst posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 12:23 PM

Here to report that unless I overlooked a fav of mine, I have all the ebots I should have gotten.

big smile

StaceyG posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 12:25 PM

YEAH that is GOOD NEWS.. Thanks so much for the update Unicornist

Unicornst posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 1:15 PM

Not a problem, Stacey. And yes...it IS good news!

Unicornst posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 4:36 PM

WAhhhh.... I found one I didn't get the ebot for. Darn it!!

~The Wait~
by Artemis_Sun
in Poser & Fantasy
Fri, June 30, 2006 7:10 am

grumble, grumble, grumble at that bug

Giolon posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 4:59 PM

I did not receive an eBot for an image posted by Danceswithroos on Fri, June 30, 2006 @ 3:21 am, which is after your designated fix time of Thur, June 29, 1pm.

If you need a more detailed report of which times I did and did not receive notifications since then I can provide it.

¤~Giolon~¤

IgnisSerpentus posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 5:08 PM

Well heres my report. I think the update did fix alot of issues - more people reported getting ebots for me who didnt before and it seems alot better (I posted a test to see) But I think its still pretty sporadic... friends have said theyre still not getting ebots for some people since yesterday's update.

Doc000 posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 5:12 PM

I SEEM to be getting all the ebots now, although it's taking some of them upwards of an hour to be sent out based on the time the artist uploaded it and the timestamp on the email.  Others I get within a minute or two of the upload.

StaceyG posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 6:15 PM

Doc that may be due to the number of people on that particuliar members favorites list? The ones that are taking longer?? I dont' know but that would be my guess.

And the people that are saying they still aren't getting some need to be sure they have all their notifications set right and the email address right on their profile and their spam filters right.

Giolon,

I will pass this one on to see if they can check the logs.

Stac

jwiest posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 6:54 PM

I'm still not getting any for Turtle.  That's the first I've come to today that I didn't get.  Looks like it posted over 2 hours ago.  No idea how many have him/her as a favorite.

John

Unicornst posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 7:09 PM

Stacey,

All notifications are turned on and the ebots have long been added to my address book in my mail, so they never go into the junk folder. Plus, I check the junk.

On the plus side, I did a double check and Artemis_Sun is the only one I didn't get one for.
The next ebot was a bit slow coming, but it did arrive. And I've known them to take their time arriving before the conversion. grin

jwiest posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 11:15 AM

I've got all my setting set up correctly and no junk mail setting is catching them.  In addition to Turtle as I mentioned above, I'm still not getting e-bots from the following.

Luciferino, Artemis_Sun, Danceswithroos, & Tivao

John

Litehouse901 posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 11:35 AM

I get them some times and other times not - I did get about 15 ebots on a MP product that was added the other day.  I really hate not having the consistency of getting and ebot when a gallery comment has been posted or a favorite artist. 

The whole feel of the gallery page is well - gross.  I don't like it and wish it had other options - IMO, it's nobody business what I have recently viewed - I have looked for a way to turn this off and don't see it.  There are just way too much words and not enough focus on the quality of the RENDERS that the artists post here.

My attitude is getting like Doc's - if you guys aren't interested in what we post here and that WE want to view it a certain way - then why continue to bother?

I just don't get why a survery wasn't done PRIOR to making such drastic changes to a site like this.

Unicornst posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 2:19 PM

Apparently, John and I have one artist in common that we are not getting the ebots on. Looks like I've recieved pretty much all from my favs that uploaded except one.....

Blue Sky Dreamin'~*
by Artemis_Sun
in Poser & People
Sat, July 1, 2006 4:26 am

StaceyG posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 6:34 PM

Thanks for the info guys (and girls), I guess its back to the drawing board:(

Litehouse901 posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 6:41 PM

I'm sorry - I know how frustrating webpage stuff can be first hand - can't ya just hit the "back" button? 

I just posted my first image in awhile and it was honestly a pain to do the credits.  =o(

I also don't understand what's up with the ebot thing.  (scratches head)

Good luck and thank you!

liewald posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 5:10 AM

Ok I still haven't received ANY Ebots since the gallery changeover . Not One............ Must be something Gods gettin back at me for!!!!!!

liewald posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 10:04 AM

OK After days of picking through the logs of my mailserver I've got something. The ebots seem to be getting bounced because of a SPF failure (http://www.openspf.org/). This is used by quite a lot of mailserver to check for Identity Spoofing.

Quick Quote

SPF fights return-path address forgery and makes it easier to identify spoofs.
Domain owners identify sending mail servers in DNS.
SMTP receivers verify the envelope sender address against this information, and can distinguish authentic messages from forgeries before any message data is transmitted.

seems to be a mismatch so the bots are being bounced.......

I'll disable the SPF (just to see)

Dave

liewald posted Sun, 02 July 2006 at 10:17 AM

OK that worked for me....... Wonder how many people are having probs because their ISP have SPF checking enabled....... Worth lookin at Methinks :)

jwiest posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 1:25 AM

Backwards step today for a few that I'd gotten recently.

None for Liewald, mejed or PsychoNaut.

And everything's supposed to come in regardless of setting...it's just supposed to get flagged as SPAM, not deleted.  Didn't actually understand what Liewald was saying worked. shrug

John

jwiest posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 1:44 AM

Hm...well actually, sorry...two of those just arrived very belatedly.  Maybe it's not as bad as I thought.  Still haven't seen any from the ones I posted the other day though.

John

lingrif posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 5:08 AM

I get one or two ebots a week from the Vue forum/gallery to which I've subscribed.  And that's it.

When the new format settled down, I decided to create a Favorite Artists list - never had one before.  I get NO ebots when any of them upload to the gallery.  So, that doesn't appear to be working at all.

I also created a signature.  I don't see that working either.  I enter it, click Save Changes, and what I've keyed in disappears which is just my name and web page link

www.lingriffin.com

Litehouse901 posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 7:10 AM

I get NO ebots when any of them upload to the gallery.  So, that doesn't appear to be working at all.

I also created a signature.  I don't see that working either.  I enter it, click Save Changes, and what I've keyed in disappears which is just my name and web page link

I still have problems myself - I find unless I go to the person's gallery myself - I might miss something.  I honestly don't have the time to keep checking galleries of the people's work I follow and I'm sure most people here would agree with that statement.

Sporadic and unpredictable - those are the words for what's going on here....JMO

DennisReed posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 1:21 AM

Here I was thinking this problem had finally been resolved, when today I discover I did not get an Ebot from kimariehere for her last 3 posts. I guess this means I won't be buying for a while! :(

StaceyG posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 5:42 PM

Just an update on kimariehere's ebots for images uploaded not going out to people that have her on their favorites list. We found the problem today when she uploaded a "test" image and we checked the logs. Seemed someone had her on their favorites that didn't have a complete email (they just had their username in the email field instead of the @whatever.whatever) so it caused the whole list to fail and no ebots have been going when kimariehere uploaded an image. Tomorrow when she uploads we will double check the log again to make sure that removing that bad non email address resolved this issue.

Unicornst posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 5:46 PM

Weird how one thing can throw a monkey wrench into the whole works.

So far it seems I'm getitng all of mine now. As for the one I was having problems with on the weekend, I won't be able to tell until this weekend. Artemis_Sun usually only uploads on the weekends.

jwiest posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 5:48 PM

What about others that people have complained about not getting.  I know I haven't gotten ANY from the following.

Turtle, Luciferino, Artemis_Sun, Danceswithroos, Tivao, Prog, and I believe mejid from the other day.

Any way you can run a global check for people with bad addresses, or do we need to be checking constantly and hoping we catch the ones we're missing?

John

Litehouse901 posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 5:54 PM

Here, here with the Turtle!!!  I'm the same way with her!!!

Doc000 posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 5:59 PM

I know that I still don't get ebots when prog uploads an image.  All the others on my favorites seem to be ok for the time being.

StaceyG posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 6:03 PM

This with kimariehere that member that had her on their favorites didn't just have a "bad" email they didn't even have one listed at all. We did run another report that brought up any other members that had people on their favorites with no email addresses that could cause this problem for whoever they have on their favorites. I am contacting those members and giving them a short window of time to get an email address listed in their profile or we will be removing all their favorites so it doesn't block others from getting their ebots. Tomorrow when I get in the office I'll check the short list of members with favorites but no email to see if Prog, Turtle and the rest happen to be on their favorites list.

Unicornst posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 6:24 PM

How do you get registered here without a valid email address? 😕

Sorry...someone had to ask, you know.  :tt2: 😉

StaceyG posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 6:32 PM

Well I think that maybe it was them changing it after they got the verified ebot when they registered. But now that can't happen because if you change it here on the new PHP system, you have to have a valid email as it sends a verification ebot to make the change work to your email address. So if you don't go through the steps now, then it won't change the email..it will stay the same one. So I'm pretty sure this happened before we start requiring validiation on email changes.

Giolon posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 6:33 PM

I'm still not receiving notification for Danceswithroos images.  There have been 3 now since the latest "fix" went in,

Wed, July 5, 2006 8:42 am
Sun, July 2, 2006 1:05 am
Sat, July 1, 2006 8:51 am

Also the latest by Prog, I received no ebot:
Wed, July 5, 2006 4:09 pm

Hopefully it's the invalid e-mail thing screwing them all up.

¤~Giolon~¤

Unicornst posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 6:58 PM

Aha! The sneaky things. And see all the problems that caused? lol

Thanks Stacey. Somehow I figured you would have an answer. And a very logical one too.

Litehouse901 posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 8:32 PM

I just looked at Turtle's gallery and she has posted images and I haven't gotten ebots on them...I added a few other people to my favorite list to see if they come through. 

Uniconst, I was wondering the same thing but didn't want to ask about the email address thing.  Logical reason though for sure.

Unicornst posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 8:36 PM

That was why I asked. I figured there had to be at least one other person out there wondering. :biggrin:

Litehouse901 posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 8:37 PM

I'm always wondering....and about more than just ebots.

Unicornst posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 8:42 PM

Well, I would tell you what my daddy used to say about a wonder, but it's really not for polite company.  :ohmy: :blushing:

DennisReed posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 2:33 AM

Turtle,  Danceswithroos, Prog, AND antje Still missing ebots.

StaceyG posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 10:54 AM

Okay I took care of all the members that had "no email" address and had artists on their favorites list (some artists that were on the "bad accounts" favorites were Turtle, Artemis_Sun, Danceswithroos,  antje) so lets watch what happens the next time one of the artists that you haven't been getting ebots for uploads a new image.

Thanks

Unicornst posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 3:46 PM

Coolies. Maybe that will be the end of this. :biggrin:

Doc000 posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 4:12 PM

One of my favorites, Morris, uploaded an image this morning...I never got an ebot.

So, no, the problem isn't fixed.

StaceyG posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 4:16 PM

Doc,

Morris was one of the artists that was on someone's favorites list with no email address. I didn't fix this before she uploaded, it was afterwards that I removed the favorites for all those accounts with no emails so Morris uploaded at 10:28 this morning but I didn't have this all finished until about a minute before I posted with was 10:54 so you wouldn't have received the ebot for Morris last upload but should for the next one.

Doc000 posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 6:27 PM

Ok, good to know...thanks.

Unicornst posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 7:44 PM

Stacey,

I thought I had a new problem to report to you because I had 3 ebots about one fav uploading. But it turned out the first two uploads were deleted. LOL

Janet

jwiest posted Thu, 06 July 2006 at 11:57 PM

Add didi_mc to the list of ones I'm not getting...and now I'm not getting an e-bot for this thread either. sigh

John

Unicornst posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 12:13 PM

I got one for Artemis_Sun, so looks like she's back on the list for people.

jwiest posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 12:19 PM

Got both Artemis_Sun, didi_mc and the one for this thread...perhaps things are all fixed?

dares to hope and crosses fingers :D

John

StaceyG posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 12:30 PM

Alright. I think me removing all those favorites from the list of members with no email address has resolved the last of these problems.

Unicornst posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 12:42 PM

Time for giving Stacey three cheers for tracking this down and getting it resolved.

HIP HIP HOORAY
HIP HIP HOORAY
HIP HIP HOORAY

jwiest posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 12:59 PM

Indeed...many many thanks Stacey for all your help and listening to us whine, mope and grumble. :)

John

StaceyG posted Fri, 07 July 2006 at 1:11 PM

Oh I had plenty of help from all of you, the programmers and the rest of the team!!!  Working together always gets a resolution if you don't give up!!!

Avalonne posted Sat, 08 July 2006 at 6:17 PM

For me add Danceswithroos, msebonyluv and pjaj to ebots I'm not getting...so guys? It's not all fixed yet.

Giolon posted Sat, 08 July 2006 at 10:06 PM

Avalonne, none of those artists you listed have uploaded any images since the "fix" went in on July 6th.  The closest one was Danceswithroos on July 5th.  So, please make sure that your examples of not getting an e-bot fall after the "fix" on July 6th, otherwise it's no help (or proof that anything is broken).

¤~Giolon~¤

StaceyG posted Sat, 08 July 2006 at 10:08 PM

Thanks Giolon, I was just going to post this LOL.. great minds and all that

Please let us know Avalonne if any of those artists uploads in the future if you don't receive the ebot.

Unicornst posted Sun, 09 July 2006 at 12:16 AM

I'm not taking the three cheers back, though. 😉   I got faith in you Stacey.  You'll track it down.

Giolon posted Mon, 10 July 2006 at 1:04 PM

I got my first e-bot for Danceswithroos since the changeover today.  Signs are looking looking good. :)

¤~Giolon~¤

StaceyG posted Mon, 10 July 2006 at 1:13 PM

Oh good news Giolon.  YAY!!!

Fredy posted Mon, 10 July 2006 at 2:44 PM

Ahem... I am not getting any Ebots for this thread any longer... :(

StaceyG posted Mon, 10 July 2006 at 3:30 PM

You will not get an email on every reply. You will get an email for the first reply until you return.

Example.

You reply and subscribe (or just subscribe) to "Joe's Thread".
Someone else replies, and you get an eBot for it, but you don't click on the link to visit the thread just yet.
Yet another person replies ... or three or four or five or six ... but since you haven't visited the thread yet, you get no more eBots.
You come back to the thread to read all the replies and your subscription is reset for you.
Someone else replies, and you get an eBot for it.

Thanks

Fredy posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 11:30 AM

Thanks Stacey, I know the system... I am here for quite a while.. ;-)  

I hope it is just me, maybe I oversaw an ebot... keeps-fingers-crossed

VikAngel posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 2:02 PM

Attached Link: ...

Thanks

IgnisSerpentus posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 5:14 PM

:sigh: I hate to be posting this yet again, but ebots are still completely irregular.

As far as I go, people DO still get ebots from me... but not everyone, as they've complained in comments. Prog on the other hand, NEVER gets ebots sent out when he posts. Every single one of his posts have a long line of complaints from people that they dont get his ebots at all. Some saying theyre going to write to rendo about it even - thats how aggravated people are. And well, hes quite frustrated too and hasnt been posting as much due to the inconsistency of the system - Im with him all the way. Whats the point of posting when no one sees it?? I mean hell, we have our own site we could do that on. Why bother with Rendo?

I read that there are no error logs... well something is screwy somewhere. Its tiring for the people who wish to see posts and never get notified and for us, when advertising especially... we try like hell to make money or to advertise contests for people who cant afford things, who would love to try and win them instead and dont get word out coz of faulty ebots. And its completely out of our control. Im a PHP nerd too and I can tell you, an error like this would have been fixed by now on my own site. Coz I wouldnt stop til it was. Assumably, your team of PHP gurus is prolly way more experienced than I... so I just dont understand how its still broken? And as such, its really frustrating that I cant just go in and fix it myself LOL But I digress... I would certainly not assume everything is okay, when multiple people are complaining about the same thing.

Sorry for the rather long winded rant. I just had to vent and hopefully it will get fixed this time around. :( 

Doc000 posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 5:39 PM

I see that Prog uploaded a new image just about 2 hours ago, and I still haven't gotten an ebot about it.

Maybe you folks should focus on that one particular artist since it's very obvious when ebots for his images don't go out.  Find out why his images specifically don't get ebots sent out and then apply that solution to everyone.

jwiest posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 5:43 PM

I'll vouch that I've still not gotten an e-bot for Prog's last upload.  Spotted it on the gallery page over 2 hours ago.  I realize he's got nearly 1700 people that have him as a favorite, but even given that I'd have thought the system might have gotten through them all by now.  I'll wait and see if it ever shows up, since I believe this is the first time he's posted since you all thought everything was fixed back up and advise later. :)

John

StaceyG posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 5:46 PM

This is true, the first time I've heard that Prog has uploaded since we fixed the no email issue. I can try and get the log looked at right now. so hold tight let me see if I can find a programmer still around their computer.

StaceyG posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 5:49 PM

Okay I gave the info to Nicholas and he is looking at the log right now.  I'll let you guys know as soon as he goes over it

IgnisSerpentus posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 5:55 PM

Thanks Stacey, and the rest of you guys for helping out... we appreciate it!!

StaceyG posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 5:56 PM

Okay we've found the issue with prog and it has to do with the number of members that have him on their favorites list. We are working on it to resolve for the next upload.

Once I know we have this problem fixed I will contact Prog and ask him to upload an image so we can watch the log and make sure the error is resolved.

IgnisSerpentus posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 6:01 PM

Ok, I let him know about this thread and Ill let him know later when I talk to him that u guys are working on it :keeping fingers crossed: Thanks again hon.

StaceyG posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 6:41 PM

No problem. Just let him know that i will be contacting him to upload a "test" image when we get this resolved so we can monitor the log to be sure. Tell him thats what he gets for being so dang popular around here, LOL just kidding but he is one of the top artists as far as the number of members that have him on their favorites. Very good news for him indeed:)

IgnisSerpentus posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 6:54 PM

Okies will do and LOL!! yeah, we were in awe when we finally saw the actual count of people who have faved him. O.o

jwiest posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 7:35 PM

Alright, I'm sure this isn't quite the place for this, but since it came up somewhat...is there a way to find out just who's added you to their favorites?

John

IgnisSerpentus posted Tue, 11 July 2006 at 7:37 PM

I dont think you can, actually... but it would be really cool if there was. However, I dont wanna even imagine what it would take to code that kinna option LOL

williamsn posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 12:00 AM

Quote - I dont think you can, actually... but it would be really cool if there was.

Done. I had meant to do this anyway, and overlooked it. Wasn't too much work. N

-Nicholas

IgnisSerpentus posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 12:04 AM

Quote - > Quote - I dont think you can, actually... but it would be really cool if there was.

Done. I had meant to do this anyway, and overlooked it. Wasn't too much work. N

So wait, we can now see exactly who the people are that have added us to their faves?? O.o

williamsn posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 12:07 AM

Yea sometime after midnight when I bring the new version over. It will only list out public favorites. People who have marked you as a private favorite artist won't be listed, obviously. N

-Nicholas

IgnisSerpentus posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 12:11 AM

Oh how wicky cool!!! Ive been wondering that for a long time lol So how will we view them?? Under faves or something??

jwiest posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 12:46 AM

LOL...I hadn't even noticed there were public and private favorites in the first place.  Good deal though, thanks a bunch.  I've been trying to save the e-bots, especially since there weren't many of them yet anyway but lost a few somewhere along the line.

Not like it's really important, I was just curious.

Thanks again.

And while I'm thinking of it, is there a specific thread for asking questions and/or making suggestions like that?

John

williamsn posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 1:19 AM

Okay, it's there now. Go to "my favorites". Also, that should put in place the final fix for the Favorite Artist eBots issue. I'll get Stacey to get prog to upload an image later today (when it's a decent hour for the rest of the world :tt2:) and we'll see that it works. 😄 N

-Nicholas

IgnisSerpentus posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 1:26 AM

Decent hour shmour... Im a nightcrawler LOL I think all designers are... its like some kinna rule. And holy crap that feature is soo awesome!! Thankies for adding it and all your help with prog's faves!! Ill let him know the scoop (am talking to him right now actually LOL)

williamsn posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 1:27 AM

Cool. Just tell him to upload something and I'll sit here and watch the logs and we'll see the emails go out :-). N

-Nicholas

IgnisSerpentus posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 1:33 AM

Well, he has to go to bed coz he has to work in the AM... but he said he will upload tomorrow evening after work (which is usually about 5pm EST) Not sure how u guys wanna orchestrate it.... if Stacey wants to IM him so u can check at the same time???

williamsn posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 1:34 AM

Tell him to IM "williamsn" (me) when he uploads so I can go look at the logs right away. Thanks! N

-Nicholas

IgnisSerpentus posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 1:43 AM

Okies, no prob, will do... thanks again!!!

StaceyG posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 10:01 AM

Thanks Nicholas

StaceyG posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 6:38 PM

Okay did everyone get their prog ebot? Nicholas monitored the log and all 1685 favorite ebots successfully sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unicornst posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 6:40 PM

I got progs..... thank you!!!

StaceyG posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 6:41 PM

Good deal. Boy you are fast, Unicornst. I just posted this question:)

Giolon posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 6:43 PM

Got my prog e-bot!

¤~Giolon~¤

StaceyG posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 6:47 PM

Oh keep the good news coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IgnisSerpentus posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 7:22 PM

Well its looking good here too so far - I got his bot and its looking like everyone else did too. Here's hoping!!! :crossing fingers: Thanks for the help!!!

StaceyG posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 7:23 PM

You're welcome!!

jwiest posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 7:43 PM

I got a Prog e-bot too!  faints

lol (note fainting is very tongue in cheek)

Congrats to all involved for getting it fixed.  And Congrats again to Prog for having so many people pick him as a favorite that he broke the system. lol

John

IgnisSerpentus posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 7:46 PM

LMAO

TILT - TILT - TILT - TILT

That says tilt... not.... errr, nevermind rofl!

Unicornst posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 9:55 PM

Quote - Good deal. Boy you are fast, Unicornst. I just posted this question:)

Shows just how fast the ebot came too. LOL

jwiest posted Wed, 12 July 2006 at 10:11 PM

Yeah, I guess that is what makes him so popular, isn't it Iggy? ;-)

Oh wait...that says TILT.  Never mind. :D

John

lunaE posted Thu, 13 July 2006 at 9:42 AM

I don't receice ebots anymore since yesterday. What is going on with renderosity.....

Hugs Luna

Angelsinger posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 3:16 PM

I haven't gotten gallery comment ebots since at least the beginning of this month. I'm pretty sure a couple days ago I got 1 or 2  Favorite Artist upload notices, though... Pleezy weezy fixey! With cherries on the top?

Speaking of gallery options. I know you guys (and gals) have bent over backwards trying to accomodate everyone; it is greatly appreciated, really. I love the new format, the new uploading method... it's so much better. And yes, I have a "thing" about the popups, I do love th;em. lolol.

Only thing I would ADORE being able to change is the ability to not have my own views count toward my images. When people comment, if ya' wanna see what they said, ya' gotta view your own image again. And there goes another count that shouldn't count.

Many galleries (and website visitor stats) are like that, but there are some that use a script that will overlook a repeat visit from the same IP addy. Just throwing that out there.

williamsn posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 7:12 PM

An author's view of his own image does not count toward the total. Additionally, a member's view will only count once, unless he comes back more than 15 days later, at which point it will count again. 😄 N

-Nicholas

StaceyG posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 7:28 PM

Thanks for the info Nicholas.  That is good to know

Angelsinger posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 7:33 PM

And guess who didn't get an ebot about the responses? lol
Thanks for the info.

Errr.. any word on the ebots then? I guess I'll have to keep checking the thread... as I most likely won't be notified via email. lol

williamsn posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 7:34 PM

Hmm. Not sure why you didn't get an eBot. I got an eBot about it the instant you posted, which is why I came back 😄. I'll look into it sometime tonight. N

-Nicholas

williamsn posted Fri, 14 July 2006 at 7:39 PM

Quote - Notifying for reply to thread "No ebots at all" by williamsn from host gawain.bondware.com Timestamp: 2006-07-14 19:34:42 Notifying @** (IgnisSerpentus) Notifying *******@Hotmail.com (Angelsinger) Mail sent successfully!

That was in the logs. I just checked it. I'm not sure why you aren't getting eBots. N

-Nicholas

Angelsinger posted Sat, 15 July 2006 at 3:05 PM

Thanks for checking! That is so strange! When others were complaining about not getting ebots, I was still getting them. Go figure, LOL!

At the time, my only problem was that Hotmail was flagging Rendo bots as potentially dangerous, but I was told that was due to a change here -- which was then fixed.

I had several comments on a gallery image, and I missed them all. I'm sure my fave artists have uploaded summat, LOL, but no 'bots.

Just now checked, and 3 more people commented on an image of mine today... and nada. :(

I'm iz sad.

ariannah posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 5:05 PM

I'm trying to figure out why I'm receiving ebots for replies to topics in all forums but this one?
Not that I post much, but I have been receiving ebots for posts recently made in other forums here.  Just not the Community Forum.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth