Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: collision detection failure

Colin_S opened this issue on Jun 26, 2006 · 3 posts

Colin_S posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 1:46 PM

This may be an old topic - when collision detection is selected, Poser 5 stops as soon as the mouse is moved over the parameter window and clicked, or as soon as a figure is moved.

The stop is permanent for Poser, though the mouse cursor comes back if the mouse is pulled down over the task Bar. The machine is a 2 x 3Gb dual Pentium, 2 Meg RAM, 300Gb ATA hard drive. I know Poser is not dual-enabled, but the spec should be good enough.

Changing poser.exe to High priority in the Task Manager has no effect.

Anyone know how to fix this, or do you just have to forget collision detection?

svdl posted Mon, 26 June 2006 at 4:49 PM

Poser will come back, but it may take a while. Minutes. It seems like the collision detection feature is trying to be too precise, or maybe it's just not programmed very well.

I only enable collision detection when calculating dynamic hair. Never as an aid to posing - it's just too darn slow.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Colin_S posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 3:46 AM

Thanks.

Good point about applying collision detection as little as possible, will do that.

Perhaps it is possible to apply c d to parts only - 2 figures shaking hands, enable c d hands only, pose it, turn c d off and lock the actors and go on to the rest of the work