Forum: Carrara

Subject: render crashes

tlaloc321 opened this issue on Jun 30, 2006 · 3 posts

tlaloc321 posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 9:20 AM

If anyone can help with this I would appreciate is very much. I am crashing whenever rendering anything longer than about 15 minutes. I am using a poser figure and global lighting either skylight or indirect light and a few props. sometimes I am able to make it through a mid size render mostly not. sometimes I get an unknown error, sometimes the whole computer freezes and i have to restart, sometimes it just stops rendering. I use Vue and have run scenes for 15 hours or more with no problems and all my other programs are working well. I have unistalled and reinstalled and I am using the 5.1 update. Any ideas would be a great help, thank you. Oh BTW I am using transposer for the poser imports, I am now going to try some scenes using the native importer just to see if that makes any difference.

ShawnDriscoll posted Fri, 30 June 2006 at 2:45 PM

I'd have to see a screen shot of your camera's view of the scene and your render settings.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

sparrownightmare posted Sun, 16 July 2006 at 9:15 AM

Send us a screen grab of the render in question (the first real frame).  Also can you post your hardware specs?  Once we have that, we can probably help more.