Forum: Community Center

Subject: Full-sized view counter

Morgano opened this issue on Jul 01, 2006 · 20 posts

Morgano posted Sat, 01 July 2006 at 8:30 PM

I've specified my gallery settings so that I go straight from the thumbnail to the full-sized image, rather than loading a Mini-Me on the way.    It may be that I am benefitting from a global site-change and not from my own modification at all, but, one way or another, that part seems to be working OK, when I browse the new entries in the galleries.

In the statistics for each  picture in the gallery are figures for  number of times viewed, number of times viewed today and number of times viewed full-size (among others).   Loading the image full-size does not appear to update the "Full-sized view" number, even if the page is re-loaded.   I am pretty sure that all images get loaded at full-size in my browser, since I have double-checked this. 

Is this "Full-sized view" counter still functioning?   I'd be more than happy if it weren't, because I see precious little justification for a "Thumbnail Mk.II", in the first place, but, if it isn't even reporting accurate statistics,  I can see even less justification for it.