Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Saving animations made in Poser 6

Touchwood opened this issue on Jul 04, 2006 · 5 posts

Touchwood posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 2:30 PM

Needless to say I'm new to this, but I spent hours doing an animation the other night and thought I saved the complete sequence but when I re-opened the file, there was only the first frame. What did I do wrong?

ockham posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 5:11 PM

Could be a lot of things, of course....

In my experience, the easiest place to go wrong is in the

choices I've circled here.  Maybe you had 1 in the 'Last Frame',

or maybe you entered 30 (or whatever your total was) in the Skip blank? 

The latter would cause Poser to skip everything after frame 1.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Touchwood posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 6:15 PM

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I rendered the movie OK but noticed a few inconsistancies that needed to be corrected. I needed sleep badly by then so saved the scene so I could continue editing later. When I opened the scene again, all that displayed was the first frame, all the others (60 in all) had disappeared!!! Does this mean that each frame (or keyframe) will have to be saved as a seperate file to enable further editing. Hoping this isn't the case and that there's an easy way to do it.

elzoejam posted Tue, 04 July 2006 at 10:51 PM

Are you sure they are all gone? When I first saved an animated scene, I panicked and thought I had lost all the frames, but I didn't check the animation frame slider thingy (the technical name for it I am sure) at the bottom, when I slid it fto the right I had all my frames back again. Since then, I have saved many animated scenes (some with 300 + frames) and haven't lost any frames. Maybe you could see if they are really still there for you?

Touchwood posted Wed, 05 July 2006 at 12:24 AM

I did sheck the slider and there definitely was only one frame. Your posting however, did make me check something else. I'm embarrassed to say that I had forgotten that I had saved the animation sequence to a different folder. :blushing: Everything is now OK. Thanks