Forum: Community Center

Subject: RSS (Yes, I know I've mentioned it before)

drawbridgep opened this issue on Jul 17, 2006 · 24 posts

drawbridgep posted Mon, 17 July 2006 at 11:38 AM

Now we're getting blogs and have fancy new forums and galleries, I wanted to bring up RSS again.
Am I really the only person that tinks this would useful?  Am I the only person who actually subscribes to RSS feeds?   Am I the only person whose google homepage has RSS feeds?  Am I the only person who knows how cool they are?

I would REALLY like to subscribe to a rosity news feed, maybe several (one for each forum).   Then we can see easily whats going on.   For example, right now the threads for the home page would be:

**Coming on Monday, July 17th, Renderosity Artist Blogs!
**Gallery Art Charts Unveiled
The Virtual Catwalk
Reallusion 60 Second Siggraph Showcase

And for the community forum they would be
Coming on Monday, July 17th Renderosity Artist Blogs
ART CHARTS OPEN!
Gallery alternative CSS schemes
FAQ and info on the New Galleries

Maybe I'm the only person that thinks RSS feeds are more useful than blogs?  ANd yes I know I can look at the home page, but that's not really the point.   RSS lets people see what's going on in several of their favourite sites from one groovy page and then they decide which stories they want to read.

And while they're putting that in, what about voting threads?  SO I could set up a vote:

Do you want RSS Feeds?
(YES)
(NO)
(WHAT'S AN RSS FEED)

Please (I'm getting on my knees, which makes it reealy haard to typ) at least mention this to the programmers.  Even myspace blogs have it, so how hard can it be?

And to anyone else who's actually read this far, please reply letting me know if you think RSS feeds would be cool.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook