Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is it possible to make layers or ruffles in Virtual Fashion

lululee opened this issue on Jul 24, 2006 · 9 posts

lululee posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 8:39 AM

I would like to make a dress with a ruffle. Is it possible to make layers or ruffles in Virtual Fashion?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Cheerio   Lululee

Tashar59 posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 3:21 PM

I think you create all the extras and save them separete till the end, when you combine/import/add all the projects together.

Now, the only reason I know this can be done, because I read it somewhere. The user manual or on promo.

lululee posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 4:23 PM

Thanks beryld,

I'd like to find more info on doing this.

cheerio  lululee

punisher1999 posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 5:55 PM

By ruffles, do you mean something like pleats? If so, you can only do horizontal type pleats AFAIK.

Also, by layer, if you mean something like a long sleeve shirt under a t-shirt, IE layers of clothing, than you might be able to do it by making each item separately then adding them in Poser, however, I have a feeling that this might give the cloth room fits, since you will most likely have too many clothing collisions.

Tashar59 posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 8:49 PM

you could run the pleats through a modeling app to shape them. You could run the main dress through the clothroom, then add and constrain the pleats to collide with the main dress. Export the finished dress with weild checked, same when importing back to poser.

Lululee, you would be able to turn the dress into a conforming one with your own tutorial.

Just some out of the box ideals.

fuaho posted Mon, 24 July 2006 at 9:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/forum/messages.php?forum_id=79&ShowMessage=231441

There is a tool where you can modify the individual garment sections, so it should be possible to do something like a "ruffle." It would take some planning and could only be in certain planes. The tool is in the Designer Room and looks like a ring with balls on it. When you open it, you can select a section and how much influence your moves have on adjacent points. You can make individual items and then combine them in the Garment Manager prior to exporting, so it should be possible to make the ruffle separately from the garment.

If you are planning the ruffle at the bottom of the dress, you can expand the very bottom sections of your design so there is plenty of extra material and then perhaps use alternating strips of vertical constraints in the Poser Cloth Room with draping over invisible primitives.

Or you could make the bottom sections a "ruffle" looking material in the Material room after making a cut  in VFB so you have a separate piece. (See my tutorial at the attached link for the general idea).

HTH,

<"))%%%<<

lululee posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 4:40 PM

Thank you fuaho for such a wonderful tutorial. I really appreciate this information.

cheerio  lululee

fuaho posted Tue, 25 July 2006 at 6:29 PM

You're quite welcome!!  Glad you found it useful.

<,"))###<<

Talos posted Sun, 30 July 2006 at 1:37 AM

As a no-talent buttinsky, I hope someone succeeds in this. I've been waiting (forever) for anyone to make a ruffled blouse for V3, or even V2. My girlfriend had one with lace ruffles. It was very sexy. Even had kind of ruffled lace cuffs. Oh well.