Forum: Vue

Subject: Creating object disturbance in water?

sandman_dreaming opened this issue on Aug 06, 2006 ยท 16 posts

sandman_dreaming posted Sun, 06 August 2006 at 11:15 AM

In my latest render I have someone standing in water with her hands held under the surface - please see the attached detail of the area in question.

I was just wondering if there was a way of creating some sort of ripples/disturbance at the points where the hands enter the water. This would be more realistic as even the slightest movement of the arms/hands would create some disturbance at the water's surface rather than just going straight into the water with no interaction between the water and the hand.

I'm sure this should be possible, but am somewhat at a loss as to how to do it. I did a search in the forum threads, but the ones that might help seem to be unavailable ( possibly the links aren't working following the site revamp a while back? ). I suspect it may be possible using the function editor ( yikes! ) - if anyone could walk me through the process of doing this I'd be VERY grateful - I've struggled to work out the function editor for ages now and don't find the manual/help files very helpful!

Many thanks.